IMG_7329 (resized).jpg
IMG_7328 (resized).jpg
duotron brochure (resized).jpg
kitten2 (resized).jpg
imdfdfgdfgage-22 (resized).jpg
image-19 (resized).jpg
image-10 (resized).jpg
Two Player Solve (resized).jpg

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 months ago
Quoted from Classicpinballs:

And there it is . After reading about the damage yellow dots could do, I shied away from using them. I daresay they must suit some machines or there is no point PBR producing them. Who has used them with acceptable results?

I have, in a Domino.

3 weeks later
#52 9 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I have, in a Domino.

::laffin:: which I think I now own. Unless you've had several.

If it's the same machine, they work great. I think with the 2" Domino flipper bats there's a bit less leverage than Duotron's 3" bats.

Domino is still a fave, BTW. I got some replacement roto-target mylars and tweaked the lighting to my liking (incandescent's up top, LED's below) but otherwise it's been solid and no real issues.

1 month later
#53 8 months ago

No big news. I fired up Duotron for a few games this week and noticed the B lane was a bit wonky - the Green targets came on at start-up. Spent a few minutes this morning cleaning and adjusting contacts on the BX relay - while I had the glass off ran through all the functions, and gave it a quick playfield wipe down. Back to good order....

As I was puttering I noticed how quickly the work went, how comfortable I was opening the game up, pulling the relay, figuring out which contacts to give some attention to. These old games need a little attention now and then, and it's kind of relaxing to figure out a minor issue like this. It hardly seems like the game rolled into the basement less than a year ago.

I still enjoy playing the game. While it's definitely the sort of game that can get stale, I find setting personal goals (like, maxing out the bonus every ball, or lighting the special and hitting it, or getting a certain number of points per ball) keeps it a bit interesting. It's the visceral pleasure of the game - the sounds, the lights, the clunks and clicks and ratchets - that keep me coming back to these old EMs.

#54 8 months ago
Quoted from JudeRussell:

::laffin:: which I think I now own. Unless you've had several.
If it's the same machine, they work great. I think with the 2" Domino flipper bats there's a bit less leverage than Duotron's 3" bats.
Domino is still a fave, BTW. I got some replacement roto-target mylars and tweaked the lighting to my liking (incandescent's up top, LED's below) but otherwise it's been solid and no real issues.

Nope, thats the one.

Glad to hear no issues, lot of working getting that one up to snuff but was great fun and sounds awesome when all the bells are going.

3 months later
#55 4 months ago

Hard to believe it’s been just a tad over one year since my first post. Also hard to realize what the past 12 months have wrought.

Mr. Duotron got a little attention this morning - a hair trigger hole kicker switch was firing intermittently, quickly and easily adjusted. Was stupidly easy once I got in there, not sure why I put it off for a while. Doing some computer cleanup so I had some time. While I had the glass off, gave the play field a once over clean/wax, and cleaned the glass. He’s back in operation.

Duotron and Domino remain solid and reliable performers. Sky Rider is in need of some attention - not resetting, and ball/player count issues. The CC schematics are a bit less familiar to me, but I imagine I’ll have some downtime in the next week or so to get it back in shape.

Quiet Xmas holiday. Got some holiday folk music on courtesy of SiriusXM. Safe and happy one to all.

3 months later
#56 22 days ago

help needed. My duotron playfield has been completely rebuilt with new posts, rubbers and plastics however I have 2 tall white posts that are ment to be on the playfield, can someone tell me were they belong.

1 week later
#57 10 days ago

Take a look at post #9 in this thread. I'm guessing they belong somewhere in the center island with the captive ball.

Might also be something that someone added to the captive ball area to keep the ball active, as discussed in this thread, many games / owners do not use the large rubber ring around the island to keep the ball captive and maybe someone added the posts to retain the ball. My game had a couple of pins (one of which was a finishing nail) to retain the captive ball until I replaced the ring.

#58 10 days ago

The Duotron parts list definitely lists 2 1-3/16" posts... Do they go at the front sides of the center island (outside of those pins that you marked in post 9), is the island angled up slightly? I'd guess it might be, to protect that small rounded protrusion on the plastic over the hole.

#59 9 days ago

I don’t have the game but I picked up a playfield that I’m going to touch up and clear coat in hopes I’ll find a project game to put it in one day.

A9C52DE2-03C3-462E-A8DB-0879333EDC36 (resized).jpeg
#60 9 days ago

In case it's one of the island posts....here without the plastic.

Duotron Island (resized).jpg
#61 5 days ago

These 2 longer posts seem to be a pain, I got a reply from a guy who thought they should be between the 2 tagets half way down the playfield, i will just see how it goes when i complete the playfield rebuild. Finish the playfield overlay. Old playfield was really bad condition delaminating etc. heres a picture of how it looks now

2F7AF4BE-52DE-4930-893A-F4F0E11DEF84 (resized).jpeg
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside