(Topic ID: 209622)

Dunno why this interests me, but it does (my old Black Knight LE)

By someotherguy

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bkle5.jpg
bkle1.jpg
bk_02.jpg
bk_04.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider someotherguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Not my ad, don't know the seller, so I'm not trying to promote it: austin.craigslist.org link

That's my old Black Knight LE. Sold it years ago, late 2008 I guess before I moved to FL for a short time. I guess what interests me is "spotting" the details that tell me it was my game.

When I got the game it was a complete basket case. Complete non-working boardset, ruined backglass, missing pieces, the whole bottom of the cabinet filled with crispy burnt coils that had already been removed, misc. other issues. Picked it up in Ft. Smith AR from a well-known collector, back in...2005?

I fixed the boards, and then used the machine as a test bed to repair a bunch of other boards out of my spares pile. That white label on the MPU is my hand-written sticker from when I repaired it and the black WPC battery holder was me (that driver board isn't my work, though.) The breakout of the GI fuses on the gray auto parts store fuseblock is me (I will confess to being slightly embarrassed I didn't mount the holder.) Installed bridge rectifier fuses per Clay Harrel's advice; you can just kinda see the black fuseholders down under the BR's. Replaced all the missing parts and bad coils. Replaced a few bad displays. Did a basic shop job on the playfields. Replaced the really ugly and worn (and a couple missing) flipper and magnasave buttons with the translucent orange/red (kind of a thing for me) that you see in the ad. Repro Alan Meyer pop bumper cap. Scored a decent used backglass and triple-thick'ed it. Installed an NOS coin door skin that I wish I'd kept for one of my games, and polished the hell out of the surrounding frame and hardware. Installed good 25 cent pricing inserts and the "W" logo center blockoff plate (had NOS of those, too.)

Just a little trip down memory lane for me

(All pics attached to post are mine from years ago, not from the ad)

Richard

bk_04.jpgbk_04.jpg

bk_02.jpgbk_02.jpg

bkle1.jpgbkle1.jpg

bkle5.jpgbkle5.jpg

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

They are asking $2000. Do you remember what you sold it for?

Yep, but irrelevant. In 2005 I sold a nice Safecracker for $2500. Can you buy one today for that?

Richard

#5 6 years ago

Also, probably worth mentioning - seller may not be a collector. No mention that the game is the LE version, and you can only barely see in the picture that it has the LE sticker on the apron, as it's just out of frame. I did contact them to see if they bought it from me but I'm betting it's changed hands a few times by now.

I sure wish I knew where all my old games were, for whatever dumb reason. I lost a whole bunch of archived emails a few years back during a PC rebuild. A lot of games left my collection over those years, some of them I even forgot I owned and have been adding to my "collection history" as I go along!

Richard

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 1,059.00
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider someotherguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dunno-why-this-interests-me-but-it-does-my-old-black-knight-le?tu=someotherguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.