(Topic ID: 92219)

Dungeons and Dragons "check FU1 or Field Fuse"

By mshinkle28462

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mshinkle28462.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I've got a weird problem with a D&D pinball machine, every 4 or 5 plays the game will launch all 3 balls into the trough at some point during the play. Then, usually one or two of them will get stuck in the bottom and the error message "check FU1 or Field Fuse" will display. Upon removing the balls from blocking and turning off and back on the machine, the error message will subside for 4 or 5 more plays. Is this a common issue? If I change the fuse will that solve the issue or is there generally some other underlying problem that causes this to happen that I need to look for as well?

#3 9 years ago

To be honest, I'm not sure what the FU1 and playfield fuses protect.

#5 9 years ago

I can't find in the manual exactly what it protects, but from my limited ability to read schematics and wiring diagrams it seems to run in line with a diode bridge, a couple of solenoids and a +43V relay. Sorry I'm horrible for info, I'm mostly just trying to compile as much information as I can, so when I do get a repair guy to look at it, it's not just a hodgepodge of troubleshooting.

1 week later
#7 9 years ago

I've checked the fuses and that didn't work, so I took the advice of a repair guy I know and swapped the fuse board with a project D&D I've got and that didn't fix the problem either. Is there anyone else who ran into this same sort of situation?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mshinkle28462.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dungeons-and-dragons-check-fu1-or-field-fuse?tu=mshinkle28462 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.