Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 107 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 days ago by rod90
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FE2D3406-5EB2-45D3-ABF6-C339460FC7AE (resized).jpeg
    88C5BA90-46A0-4D92-AD8D-A14F17B0F12B (resized).jpeg
    5C9B4576-4D67-4D8E-BD3E-471D237C9F60 (resized).jpeg
    dune-taran-lopez-617x1024 (resized).jpg
    8e62f5d18a42c5bcbd80ac73217cebdf (resized).jpg
    d0f18e87-abbf-444e-9ff1-d14168222b0a_screenshot (resized).jpg
    9C1692EE-7FFC-466E-B8C8-87D95E5AB948 (resized).png
    390C6DFB-2E26-43BB-BE50-964FB9D7150D (resized).jpeg
    857DEA03-6FD5-4F53-A0AE-22FEE08C6CF4 (resized).jpeg
    horror backglss (resized).jpg
    download (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

All right Dune nerds, and non-nerds. We are getting closer. Still no trailer though. When the first trailer hits the hype will really begin. Most of the fan stuff on Youtube sucks.
    To juice things up, here is my brief analysis of the cast for the major characters. Read, then comment. OR fight!!
    Paul Atreides - Timothee Chalamat. Don't know him at all, judgement reserved. Not sure he looks like what I would think of Paul, but possibly will be OK. No way to tell for me right now.
    Lady Jessica - Rebecca Ferguson. Don't know her at all, judgment reserved. Seems to reasonably look the part.
    Duke Atreides - Oscar Isaac. Seems a bit young for the role. Should be OK I guess.
    Duncan Idaho - Jason Momoa. I think its good. Idaho is a huge major character throughout the entire Dune series so he is of big importance if it continues past one movie. He is a bad-ass, women love him, and has a bit of a sense of humor, but needs to be very introspective as well because of everything that happens to him. We'll see if Momoa can pull it off. I do like him but he has been given a lot of crap roles, like Aquaman.
    Gurney Halleck - Josh Brolin. That should work. Never seen Brolin do anything that wasn't great.
    Mentant Hawat - Stephen Henderson. Haven't seen his work, his look seems to fit the part.
    Baron Harkonnen - Stellan Skarsgard. He doesn't seem evil enough. He seems too old, he is a contemporary counterpart to Duke Atreides but there is a big age difference between him and Oscar Isaac. The Baron is a pretty important character if you continue the story onward through multiple books. At this point, I wonder about this one.
    Beast Rabban - Dave Bautista. Yes. If you read the books and you are reading about the beast, what is the image that pops into your head? Dave Bautista, that's what. Spot on.
    Stilgar - Javier Bardem. That's an interesting choice. I know him mainly from No Country For Old Men. He was creepy badass in that movie. I think of him as playing an evil person because of that which Stigar is not. But he is an excellent actor so this should work.
    Chani - Zendaya. Saw her in Spiderman movies. Should be good here.

Javier Bardem is a great choice for Stilgar. He's just a little ..off which would suit the Fremen role, and he's a super nice, deep (philosophical? that may be a bit much) guy who sinks into an role. IF you saw the awful Pirates of the Caribbean 5, he's one of the only good things in it, and he OWNS that character. Dude, he's in Skyfall!

Love your description of Batista as Rabban. Yep.

I agree on Baron H. I cant' recall how he's described in the books (besides 'evil') but I'll always picture Kenneth McMillan. Maybe Skarsgaard in a fat suit? LOL

Rebecca Ferguson - she's in the recent Mission Impossible movies, but I really remember her from "The Kid Who Would Be King" which we saw last year. Yeah. She'll nail it.

I have NO idea how they came up with Momoa for Duncan, but for the way he's always come off to me - like the best friend/drinking buddy of Paul, that is good casting. Plus when he (SPOILER!!!) dies... *everybody* is going to be upset.

The only one I DON'T get at all, is this "Timothee Chalamat" kid. Hopefully he knocks it out the park. But he looks like a One Direction boy band guy to me.

1 year later
    #78 2 years ago

Is this movie ever coming out ? What’s the new release date ?

#82 2 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

As of now Oct 22.

Thanks -

I’m not thrilled by the trailers either, but I know Denis Villanueve (sp?) has the balls to pull this off. Hopefully the studio does

#88 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha, its not even box office; ill be watching on HBOMax

Most people will, so be prepared for a cliffhanger that never results in a Part 2.

#90 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Its all just a Duncan Idaho solo vehicle!
    If its 1/3 of what BR2049 was ill be happy.

Totally agree

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dune-movie-hype-dune-pinball-hype?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.