Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 107 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 days ago by rod90
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FE2D3406-5EB2-45D3-ABF6-C339460FC7AE (resized).jpeg
    88C5BA90-46A0-4D92-AD8D-A14F17B0F12B (resized).jpeg
    5C9B4576-4D67-4D8E-BD3E-471D237C9F60 (resized).jpeg
    dune-taran-lopez-617x1024 (resized).jpg
    8e62f5d18a42c5bcbd80ac73217cebdf (resized).jpg
    d0f18e87-abbf-444e-9ff1-d14168222b0a_screenshot (resized).jpg
    9C1692EE-7FFC-466E-B8C8-87D95E5AB948 (resized).png
    390C6DFB-2E26-43BB-BE50-964FB9D7150D (resized).jpeg
    857DEA03-6FD5-4F53-A0AE-22FEE08C6CF4 (resized).jpeg
    horror backglss (resized).jpg
    download (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

I'd like see Dune pinball have an Orbiter 1 style playfield and pop up sandworms like the Hobbit.

Please god no. I want an actual, legit pinball machine, not a novelty.

I'm trying to not let myself get too hyped for this movie. I loved the Lynch version, and have the Sci-Fi channel version on DVD still, which is also great.

I want one of the tilt callouts to be "I was a friend of Jamis."

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fremen:

As an aside for Dune fans: Frank Herbert's son Brian (along with Kevin Anderson) have written a huge prequel series in the Dune world. I believe they have written about 13 books now. I have read the first 9 and they are excellent! I loved all of Franks Dune books, though I have to admit that some of the last ones were a little bogged down for me and seemed to drag at times. Brian's books though read quick and do an INCREDIBLE job of tying in the original series and the Dune universe.
    https://brianherbertnovels.com/dune-series/

Butlerian Jihad, Machine Crusade, and Battle of Corrin are absolutely required reading for just about any Dune fan, IMO. They're FANTASTIC. I didn't make it through the "House" series, but finished Atredies and Harkonnen, just not Corrino. Haven't been reading much the last few years so haven't gotten around to the others.....but those three.... I tore them up in like a week. Which for some people might be slow, but for me, that was phenomenally fast.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

I will have to try the Brian/Kevin books again. As much as I love the original series, I just had a really tough time staying interested in the prequel books.
    I will give it another go.

The writing style is pretty different from Frank's books. That's part of why I tore through those 5 books. It's not quite so dry and heavy.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Nothing wrong with being a booker, as long as you don't say its "better than the film" because that's crap. I don't care what book it is, it can never be better than watching a movie. JMO

Ender's Game.
    Starship Troopers.
    Logan's Run.

I love all of these movies, but no way they're better than the books.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dune-movie-hype-dune-pinball-hype?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.