Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 262 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 days ago by HobbyGuy
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DFDF9066-F910-43C2-B155-1A4D27E63492 (resized).jpeg
    5E85D38A-5246-4659-BED8-4949A50D4C92 (resized).jpeg
    the-big-lebowski-thats-like-your-opinion-man (resized).png
    Mall Rats Fly fat ass (resized).jpeg
    dune 1984 pg2 (resized).jpg
    dune 1984 pg1 (resized).jpg
    8707435 (resized).jpg
    Cymek (resized).jpg
    weapon of choice (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spitfiren8.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#181 2 years ago

Saw it in IMAX yesterday. I felt it was about an hour too long for what was included in the film. Much too little on the harkonen’s and the emperor was entirely absent for some reason. Pacing issues and flat acting didnt help either. I did love the cinematography and the score was great. Why Kynes character was changed to be a woman is ridiculous and “her” role in the film seemed forced. Made me appreciate the acting in Lynch’s movie even more.

#187 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

What emotion? The characters were pretty much just cardboard cutouts.

I thought Skarsgard played a great Baron but he only got about 2 minutes of screentime. Brolin was also good at trying to give weight to an important character. Mamoa phoned in the role of Duncan, anyone could have given that flat performance. Duncan is so important in the books he gets cloned for over 10,000 years, i didn’t want to see him for another minute.

#200 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Saw it a few nights ago, I thought it was pretty good. As usual Villenueve shoots in the dark too much. I didn't know it was a 2 parter, he ended it at a questionable point in my opinion. Anyways he used the Lynch one as inspiration so much it's almost a remake using the original as the storyboard. It's a great story tho, it deserves a big budget treatment.
    PS: how many of you knew that spice is supposed to be worm droppings?

The spice is not worm droppings. The spice is made by sandtrout that excrete it to trap moisture under the sand. Eventually when the trout mature into worms the clutch erupts into a bloom onto the surface of the sand.

#202 2 years ago

True, its made by sandtrout excreting it to trap moisture. It is not worm shit. I’m one of the Dune nerds if you couldn’t tell already

#209 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I wouldn't argue that. But in this case you need to read that passage again...this time with attention to the "waste" part

CO2 is a waste product of breathing but i wouldn’t call it shit. Not the point tho, the point is it doesn’t come from the worms.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spitfiren8.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dune-movie-2021-?tu=Spitfiren8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.