Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 262 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 days ago by HobbyGuy
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DFDF9066-F910-43C2-B155-1A4D27E63492 (resized).jpeg
    5E85D38A-5246-4659-BED8-4949A50D4C92 (resized).jpeg
    the-big-lebowski-thats-like-your-opinion-man (resized).png
    Mall Rats Fly fat ass (resized).jpeg
    dune 1984 pg2 (resized).jpg
    dune 1984 pg1 (resized).jpg
    8707435 (resized).jpg
    Cymek (resized).jpg
    weapon of choice (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SBrothers.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#103 2 years ago

Meh. Appreciate other viewpoints but….

Blade runner is a top ten movie for me as is villnueve’s BR2049. Both are masterpieces. I think I saw BR2049 about 10 times in the theater…it was “that good” for me.

I expect the same from Denis’ Dune as I LOVE his vision and ability to immerse you in environment and atmosphere. Maybe I errantly view slow pace as “atmosphere”, but I don’t like when a director treats me like I don’t have an attention span. That’s what Marvel movies are for (of which I’m not a big fan).

Like I said, I appreciate multiple opinions, and I look forward to seeing Dune on the big screen. The trailers look fantastic.

I should say that I also love my Munsters premium even though I’m apparently not supposed to.

1 week later
    #241 2 years ago
    Quoted from attyrhodes:

I don't know where OPs negativity is coming from, I thought this movie was absolutely brilliant. My wife had not read the books and she thought it was amazing as well. Some absolutely stunning shots in the film, and the soundtrack was exceptional.

Agreed! My wife is not a huge sci fi fan, but I gave her a very quick primer of the dune universe on the way to the theater and she picked up on it right away. She really liked the film!

I think there were some parts that could have been further developed but I trust and respect Denis enough (and his love for the source material) to believe his decisions were justified. He’s created another wonderful version of Dune that has me inspired to read the other books in the series.

#248 2 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Watched this last night. I've read the books and thought it was pretty good. My wife liked it too and she has not read the books. Jason Momoa's acting is the weakest part of the film for me, especially considering how good the rest of the cast is.

Agreed on Jason’s acting. He definitely looks the part, but his delivery was flat and at times took me out of the moment.

I thought Timothy was great as Paul and Rebecca Ferguson was fantastic as lady Jessica. Although I had trouble understanding some of her dialogue due to her accent.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SBrothers.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dune-movie-2021-?tu=SBrothers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.