(Topic ID: 263566)

Dumpster Dive: West Dover, VT

By JudeRussell

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

61E7693E-9819-4F1C-9276-8E0C3E56B540.jpeg
    CE170CFF-03C3-4606-B829-9C59E5F8B441.jpeg
    769057E1-5A73-4433-BE6C-F2F8B2F5E6D5.jpeg
    B7B257EE-E6DE-4ADC-B87A-2BBB46D6A44E.jpeg
    6F600A8B-2BFC-4A24-B9F6-84BC9C57D5E1.jpeg
    4B43F78F-9FB2-41CB-9127-C9F6F8086ADB.jpeg
    IMG_7398 (resized).JPG

#1 4 years ago

Per my brother in law:

"In West Dover, I see a pub getting a remodel and in their dumpster, 20 old school video game things.

Looks like there ar e4 pinball machines in the dumpster."

No idea of age, titles, condition, etc. but perhaps some local Pinsider might be familiar with the place.....

Edit: Finally figured out how to easily access iCloud from my desktop (I'm turning 59 on Tuesday, so apparently still have a few neurons that can pick up new skills) - so here's the photo he sent.

IMG_7398 (resized).JPGIMG_7398 (resized).JPG
    #2 4 years ago

You're as close or closer than I am, but I may be up for a road trip if you get the name of the place.

#3 4 years ago

I'll be less than an hour from there tomorrow, but I probably can't make it. Unless I get the titles of the pinball machines.

EDIT: I do have a friend in the area, though. So let me know if I should PM you for more info.

#4 4 years ago

Pestered my brother in law this morning for more info (name of place, approximate street location, etc.) but no good, he was just driving by.

Was hoping perhaps a pinsider might be local, familiar with a place with that many games, and be able to check it or provide more info. Sorry for the fire drill...

#5 4 years ago

After googling west dover, vt pub, I think it's probably the Last Chair. Their website touts their gameroom with new bar overlooking it. Out with the old machines, in with the shiney new ticket games.

#6 4 years ago

Nice sleuthing!

No pinball photos on their website or facebook page, so no help there. Mostly kids ticket / prize games...

And from my brother in law:

"Now the dumpster is in a parking lot on Rte 100, about 1/2 mile south from the 1841 Inn"

#7 4 years ago

You'd think someone that's run a game room for some time, would know the old games would have more value than dumpster material. I can't believe everyone(20ish?) is so trashed they need to be tossed.

#8 4 years ago

I just got back from checking out this dumpster. There are no pinball machines in it. And there probably never were. Still, a fun time was had by all.

#9 4 years ago

So what was there for video games?

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from AntennaMan:

So what was there for video games?

I didn't really pay much attention. There was a crane game, a Wheel of Fortune redemption game, and really not sure on the video stuff other than at least some of them not being complete. Sorry.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

I didn't really pay much attention. There was a crane game, a Wheel of Fortune redemption game, and really not sure on the video stuff other than at least some of them not being complete. Sorry.

what’s the story on house of the dead?!? I’ll be there tomorrow morning if it’s still there. I have been hunting for one of those for freaking ages.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

what’s the story on house of the dead?!? I’ll be there tomorrow morning if it’s still there. I have been hunting for one of those for freaking ages.

My dumpster inspecting position was at the other end, so I didn't really look at HOTD. Not saying it's good. Not saying it's bad. I just don't know.

#13 4 years ago

Also Lethal Enforcers and a couple of Touch Tune juke boxes. If anyone else goes, I'll take any Missile Command that may be in there.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from AntennaMan:

Also Lethal Enforcers and a couple of Touch Tune juke boxes. If anyone else goes, I'll take any Missile Command that may be in there.

Making the trip in the morning. I will hook you up. I have a Missile command converted into a capcom bowling if you’re looking for a really big project to convert back.

#15 4 years ago

Making the trip in the morning. I will hook you up. I have a Missile command converted into a capcom bowling if you’re looking for a really big project to convert back.

If you can pull out Lethal Enforcers I am interested.

#16 4 years ago

I’ll get what I can and update you guys tomorrow. I only have a small SUV and even with a trailer I can’t haul more than a few games. I’m gonna start with HOTD and work backwards from desirability.
    If it works out in a perfect world then everyone will be happy and many games will be saved!

#17 4 years ago

I’ll get what I can and update you guys tomorrow. I only have a small SUV and even with a trailer I can’t haul more than a few games. I’m gonna start with HOTD and work backwards from desirability.
    If it works out in a perfect world then everyone will be happy and many games will be saved!

You are doing God’s work, friend. Looking forward to hearing what you saved and what else was in there.

#18 4 years ago

How has nobody got a truck and nabbed that stuff yet? Or even dont some of the boards or things have value? Even some scrap metal maybe in there?

Get diving! Or also, nobody here really lives up in the area I bet?

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from wlf_:

How has nobody got a truck and nabbed that stuff yet? Or even dont some of the boards or things have value? Even some scrap metal maybe in there?
    Get diving!

And provide video too!

Rob

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from wlf_:

Get diving! Or also, nobody here really lives up in the area I bet?

Because my help who lives not far from the dumpster said “just get here early in the morning”
    I’m definitely not pulling stuff outta the 6ft dumpster alone!

But I really enjoy saving things like this from the brink. I am giddy at this point, can barely sleep. But I have to because you can’t really get much done in pitch dark with 300+ pound machines LOL

#21 4 years ago

Some one just needs to grab the all and sell them

#22 4 years ago

On the brightside there's not supposed to be any sort of precipitation today and temps into the 60s. Heat wave! I'd also be interested in cranes and other prize games, if they're not trashed, for a couple of campgrounds up here. I am 3 1/2 hrs north, but if you post an early assessment and don't get shot, I could make the trip. Bring your hand sanitizer, Vermont's first case of corona virus was just reported near where you'll be diving.

#23 4 years ago

Welp boys, bad news.
    4B43F78F-9FB2-41CB-9127-C9F6F8086ADB.jpeg4B43F78F-9FB2-41CB-9127-C9F6F8086ADB.jpeg
    They’re all empty carcasses. It’s just a warehouse so I was able to talk to an employee and they let me know I can come back and pick up the rest of the empty games if I want.
    I’ll get a trailer and come back tomorrow for most of them. At the very least the art and stuff is cool. Some of them my friend wants to convert into his own multicades so for free it’s not bad. They are all frozen in about a foot of ice so I couldn’t free up anything but the crane. We had to hack at it. The games have been there ALL WINTER. So the cabs are all swollen and only good for templates to build your own cab

#24 4 years ago

Welp boys, bad news.
    [quoted image]
    They’re all empty carcasses. It’s just a warehouse so I was able to talk to an employee and they let me know I can come back and pick up the rest of the empty games if I want.
    I’ll get a trailer and come back tomorrow for most of them. At the very least the art and stuff is cool. Some of them my friend wants to convert into his own multicades so for free it’s not bad. They are all frozen in about a foot of ice so I couldn’t free up anything but the crane. We had to hack at it. The games have been there ALL WINTER. So the cabs are all swollen and only good for templates to build your own cab

Can we please have a moment of silence? RIP

#25 4 years ago

Thanks for the effort.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from AntennaMan:

Thanks for the effort.

No length is too extreme for arcades and pinball! I’m more than happy to scout such happenings within a 2-3 hour drive.

It was a fun trip and we’ve settled on Thursday for the rest of the haul. It’ll be something and the multicades will get my buddy into the hobby
    If anyone has a use for any of these let me know.

Only one I can use is Lethal Enforces because I have a working PCB, but I don’t know what to do without a CRT. Is there a workaround yet?

#27 4 years ago

No length is too extreme for arcades and pinball! I’m more than happy to scout such happenings within a 2-3 hour drive.
    It was a fun trip and we’ve settled on Thursday for the rest of the haul. It’ll be something and the multicades will get my buddy into the hobby
    If anyone has a use for any of these let me know.
    Only one I can use is Lethal Enforces because I have a working PCB, but I don’t know what to do without a CRT. Is there a workaround yet?

The CRT is very important for Lethal Enforcers as it uses "light gun" hardware. The contrast and sync timing are different compared to LCD's and LCD's lack the scanning that CRT's have that is imperative for the light gun to track.

Also Lethal Enforcers uses a half silvered mirror to reflect the image as the monitor sits flat inside the cabinet so your not actually seeing the screen.

CRT's can be replaced. I believe LE uses a 27" monitor. KLOV is a great resource for this.

Still one of the best uses of digitized graphics to this day.

Thanks
    Blake

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blake:

The CRT is very important for Lethal Enforcers as it uses "light gun" hardware. The contrast and sync timing are different compared to LCD's and LCD's lack the scanning that CRT's have that is imperative for the light gun to track.
    Also Lethal Enforcers uses a half silvered mirror to reflect the image as the monitor sits flat inside the cabinet so your not actually seeing the screen.
    CRT's can be replaced. I believe LE uses a 27" monitor. KLOV is a great resource for this.
    Still one of the best uses of digitized graphics to this day.
    Thanks
    Blake

What's fair to pay for a working LE with original guns around this area? $850-1500?

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from jp1985:

What's fair to pay for a working LE with original guns around this area? $850-1500?

$400-$700 depending on condition.

Thanks
    Blake

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blake:

$400-$700 depending on condition.
    Thanks
    Blake

Or $2,900 according to the guy on the marquee.

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=438483

#31 4 years ago

What an absolute bitch of a time.
    Rescued DDR, converted deer hunter, weird “aero fighter” game, and the real prize, HOUSE OF THE DEAD 2!
    The computer’s still in it!
    We’re gonna thoroughly dry out these boards and games and test them and see what we get.
    We’ll start hunting for a replacement CRT for HotD2 now that we know it’s mainly complete and sadly was only tossed because one of the guns broke. The water damage is significant so most the cabs have to be rebuilt but we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Took about 5 hours which is waaaaay longer than it ever should have. Most of the games were encased in solid blocks of ice. We had to demolish Lethal Enforces (cabinet was the worst of them all, you could push your hand through it) and the mega touch game to free them. We saved all the wiring harnesses and hardware of the cabs to use for future builds.
    Let’s see what we can make happen!

6F600A8B-2BFC-4A24-B9F6-84BC9C57D5E1.jpeg6F600A8B-2BFC-4A24-B9F6-84BC9C57D5E1.jpeg769057E1-5A73-4433-BE6C-F2F8B2F5E6D5.jpeg769057E1-5A73-4433-BE6C-F2F8B2F5E6D5.jpegB7B257EE-E6DE-4ADC-B87A-2BBB46D6A44E.jpegB7B257EE-E6DE-4ADC-B87A-2BBB46D6A44E.jpeg61E7693E-9819-4F1C-9276-8E0C3E56B540.jpeg61E7693E-9819-4F1C-9276-8E0C3E56B540.jpegCE170CFF-03C3-4606-B829-9C59E5F8B441.jpegCE170CFF-03C3-4606-B829-9C59E5F8B441.jpeg
    #32 4 years ago

WOF the Redemption game topper sign would be cool to have! Hope you took that. That game is a pain to work on.

House of the Dead 2 cab is cool too, good luck with that one!

Good on you for grabbing harnesses!!!

#33 4 years ago

That poor, poor X-Men cab

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

That poor, poor X-Men cab

I was really bummed about it too. It was converted to a “Golden Putt” and the sides were covered with this weird foam/asphalt stuff. Unfortunately if you see in the pictures the cabinet was melting. It was totally mush. I wanted to save it badly but that sucker is toasted. Art has almost peeled completely off.

If anyone else (somewhat local) is interested in a cabinet for some use, let me know. The rest of them are still there and I’ll probably go back for the rest of the parts off them.
    Can never have too many jamma harnesses and coin mechs in my opinion!
    If anyone wants to coin doors let me know, I have no use for them but I could rescue them if need be.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumpster-dive-west-dover-vt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.