Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 306 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mystman12
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

angry-woman-arms-crossed-shutterstock.jpg
    icon_lol.gif
    sssssss.jpg
    Dem_gaemz.jpeg
    image.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ovfdfireman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#142 8 years ago
    Quoted from mickthepin:

I know I shouldn't take it that way and I am a bastard but I don't think little kids and pinball mix. I think if you have to stand on a chair to play the game is not designed for you. I hate when people see them and say my kids would love this and they have kids all under the age of ten. I'm like what....... They just bash the flippers for 30 seconds and walk away. My brothers kids when they were little refused to grasp the concept that the flippers are for hitting the ball. They would smash the hell out of the flippers unless the ball was near them, then just watch the ball drain. What is the point

The answer to that question is easy, "to have fun"

#229 8 years ago
    Quoted from PappyBoyington:

"Let me ask the wife"
    or, "let me check with the boss".

Agreed, Nothing like making yourself look like a pussy, in print, for every other man to see.

Let's be real....even a strong woman doesn't want her man to be a push over....

3 weeks later
    #244 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I may be a pussy, but I'm a happily married pussy.
    In truth, my wife is a strong woman, and I'm a strong man (emotionally...otherwise my arms are like toothpicks). But when I married my wife, I agreed to a partnership. We always talk about stuff I want to get, and if she disagrees, I just buy her something she wants to make her feel better. So sometimes pinball machines wind up costing me double.
    So maybe I'm not a pussy. Maybe I'm just smart and know how to get what I want. Because what I DON'T want is to have to pay a lawyer...

I absolutely agree with your thinking, a partnership is exactly what marriage is. I don't think your situation is what I am referring to. I simply feel for the guys that have to get permission to do anything. A friend calls and invites them over for pinball and they have to ask permission. While "the wife" doesn't aver ask permission for anything. I have several divorced friends who had a wife who "ruled with an iron fist" and it quickly became a very unhappy place...constant bitching about "the wife" animosity built, neither were happy and game over.

I see you buy your wife something too.....that only fair, if you buy a pin and say now there is no money for what you want.....then that's not a very equal relationship at all. Sounds to me like you are in a good spot, being fair to your wife and treating her with respect is far from a pussy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ovfdfireman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumbest-things-youve-heard-from-others-about-pinball?tu=ovfdfireman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.