3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 306 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mystman12
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9,934 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

angry-woman-arms-crossed-shutterstock.jpg
    icon_lol.gif
    sssssss.jpg
    Dem_gaemz.jpeg
    image.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg

There are 306 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
    #301 3 years ago

"Why do you keep changing them, aren't they all the same?" Because they aren't all the same and I only have room for 3 machines.

"You should have sold it for a big profit." is the classic one from my grandma, who believes everyone should make money on everything ever. If I was in it for the money I would be in a different hobby! She also doesn't seem to understand that screwing people over in such a tight-knit hobby is generally a bad idea.

#302 3 years ago
    Quoted from Edenecho:

Haha you didnt bother to ask if they pressed start? did you play their credits? :p

Quoted from vicjw66:

I would feel guilty about playing some kids game when it would have been very easy to say "press the green flashing button". I have said those exact words countless times.

While this was happening I was concentrating on my own game and mostly observing peripherally. I also assumed incorrectly that they did press the start button, because these machines aren't well looked-after and it's not outside the realm of possibility that something was broken. I did play one ball of one of their credits before handing the machine over to a little kid who was nearby.

It's a machine and machines have start buttons and that's a fact of life. You wouldn't put clothes into a washing machine and just expect it to magically start a cycle. No one stares at a blank TV screen waiting for it to read their mind and know to turn on. So no - no guilt here.

#303 3 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

What's wrong with that statement? Those EM's are mostly the same basic game with almost the same layout (a few drop targets, 3 pops in the center, nothing to do). Who can remember a title? "I played and EM" is all you need to know (and it sucked). Maybe the title was "boring old game".

Watch the Pinburgh finals games of Hot Tip if you want to see how exciting good EM play can be

#304 3 years ago
    Quoted from DarthXaos:

Watch the Pinburgh finals games of Hot Tip if you want to see how exciting good EM play can be

Watching the video of it actually kind of proves that markmon has a point there.

2 months later
    #305 3 years ago

1) "Wow Mom, these are just like the games I played on my computer, when did they start making them for real"?
    (I was respectful in my answer for "enlightenment" although I felt quite bad at the time because this was the late 90s after "Black Friday, and Stern was not yet making games again)

2) "Your a little on the eccentric side, aren't you"?
    (They then played part of my collection, and then changed their mind, "here's your sign")

3) "Sorry, I just don't understand how a person can have these things in a bedroom, this is just too much for me".
    (A woman I was dating, but not for long)
    (It was a spare bedroom, folks...just so you know...gotcha)

4) "Do you play your machines"?
    (This was for insurance purposes)
    "Yes, of course, I do".
    "Well, we cannot insure them if you play and use them".
    "What"? "I need an explanation here".
    "What the hell is the difference between a pinball machine and a classic car, guitar, or motorcycle"?
    "I mean people drive and use these items too".
    "Well, we understand that, but we have no idea what they would be worth for replacement values, who exactly appraises them"?
    "I DO, welcome to my world, feel free to contact me anytime".
    (I took care of this problem with Lloyds of London, solved)

5) "Does this thing run completely on batteries"?
    (Even though they were looking at the power cord)

6) "How do you start this damn thing, this is TOO complex for me"!

7) "What is happening, did I win, do I get to keep one of the balls as a prize"?
    (Balls were draining for reset at the end of the game, and the player was mashing the flipper buttons that were not responding)

"What the #$@% was that, did I break something"?
    (Player jumps 3 feet in the air after the knocker cracks after a free game match)

9) "You really need to get a girlfriend".
    (I explained I was already married, my wife was out of town at the time)

Maybe more later...

4 months later
    #306 2 years ago

I know this is an old thread, but...

I was reading the comments on the Hobbit unboxing video on IGN, and someone commented:

"So it does the same thing as a $50 mini pinball machine at Walmart? I'll pass."

Yep, this full size game with an LCD and actual shots and rules does the exact same thing as the five bumper, four flipper action Pin Ball games at Wal*Mart.

I understand most people only know pinball as "that game where you use the flippers to keep the ball from draing and hit stuff", but come on now, I think there's an obvious difference here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    $ 92.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 29.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    £ 75.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 8.00
    Cabinet Parts
    RPGCor
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    There are 306 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside