Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 306 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mystman12
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

angry-woman-arms-crossed-shutterstock.jpg
    icon_lol.gif
    sssssss.jpg
    Dem_gaemz.jpeg
    image.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 306 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
    #251 8 years ago

"Iron Maiden is the next music pin"

#252 8 years ago

Oh, and there is my favorite...."Jaws is the next Stern."

#253 8 years ago

Because of my hobby, pretty much The Who's song comes up.

#254 8 years ago

Lets come up with Pro, Limited, and Premium models of the same machine.

#255 8 years ago
    Quoted from Swainer80:

Lets come up with Pro, Limited, and Premium models of the same machine.

We will no longer be making a premium.....

#256 8 years ago

I had 3 project machines and I got 'where did you get those, the dump?"

#257 8 years ago

After a neighbor played my STLE he said....yeah I remember playing this machine as a kid. Brings back awesome memories. Lol. I remember trying to restrain myself from causing him physical harm. What an asshat.

#258 8 years ago

Mine is "EMs are fun".

#259 8 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

"Wow! How many machines are in this room? Must be nearly 30!!"
    I've had 3 people say that now. Including one yesterday. 30 just seemed like a random number. (FYI there's 94)
    rd.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Holy smokes your collection is GLORIOUS! And I thought my collection was nice. Wow! Can I come over dude?!? LOL

#260 8 years ago

"EMs are boring"

#261 8 years ago

While playing the 4th player of a game of WOZ with my 2 nieces and nephew-after they all quickly drained I maybe scored 500k on an especially good 10 minute ball 1. My oldest niece said "wow, youre great at this". I responded "No, I'm the greatest at this". And "dropped the mike." I walked away saying they could finish my game.

#262 8 years ago

Pinball, what's that!! Kids friends

#263 8 years ago

Production, has begun!

#264 8 years ago

"What do you need so many for? They are all virtually the same thing."

and

"I bet you enjoy fixing them" - yeah, as much as I enjoy getting kicked in the gonads...

#265 8 years ago

Some of the most insulting things include;
    you've got a burned out light bulb on this game, why can't you keep your machines in good condition?
    you're lucky your wife puts up with this
    who in his right mind would have so many pinball machines in his bedroom? (14 BTW)
    I'll give you $200 for your ST:TNG then get flack when they are told market value
    or the opposite...I've got a bingo thats been sitting outside for 10 years, I'll do you
    a favor and sell it to you for $1,ooo
    you put magnets in this machine...the ball doesn't go straight
    and my all time fave "it only needs a fuse" !!!
    Steve

#266 8 years ago
    Quoted from zarco:

so many pinball machines in his bedroom? (14 BTW)

Wow. That's one big bedroom.

#267 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Not dumb when it comes true!

#268 8 years ago
    Quoted from Craig:

Wow. That's one big bedroom.

You're not kidding. My wife would tell me to sleep on those machines, though, if I love them so much.

#269 8 years ago

"I played an EM and didn't like it, but no I can't remember the title"

#270 8 years ago

WOZ IS FUN!

#271 8 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

I think I said the same thing some time ago ....
    rd.

I learned a long time ago that your ideal pinball collection is your current collection +1. How you choose to adjust to that reality informs the kind of collector you become.

#272 8 years ago
    Quoted from mickthepin:

I know I shouldn't take it that way and I am a bastard but I don't think little kids and pinball mix. I think if you have to stand on a chair to play the game is not designed for you. I hate when people see them and say my kids would love this and they have kids all under the age of ten. I'm like what....... They just bash the flippers for 30 seconds and walk away. My brothers kids when they were little refused to grasp the concept that the flippers are for hitting the ball. They would smash the hell out of the flippers unless the ball was near them, then just watch the ball drain. What is the point

my 6 yr old (who has her own fold up pinball stool) has good ball control, doesn't flipper bash, holds balls during multiball, doesn't spam the start button when playing 1 player by herself, turns the game on/off, opens the coin door to make adjustments (volume mainly)...and although I taught her all of that, I shit you not, when the ball goes sdtm, she always goes "ahhhh, I hate it when it goes straight down the middle".....I never used or introduced that term to her.....hmmmmm?????

#273 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

"I played an EM and didn't like it, but no I can't remember the title"

What's wrong with that statement? Those EM's are mostly the same basic game with almost the same layout (a few drop targets, 3 pops in the center, nothing to do). Who can remember a title? "I played and EM" is all you need to know (and it sucked). Maybe the title was "boring old game".

#274 8 years ago

I actually enjoyed playing Nip It at Pinburgh. The multiball was a surprise, and the loved the alligator-grabbing gimmick. I sucked at it, but enjoyed playing it. The rest of the EMs made me feel like I was on quaaludes.

#275 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

the alligator-grabbing gimmick.

The Balligator!!!

That name was also resurrected for a line of Bally slot machine made during the 1990's.

#276 8 years ago

Quoted from Edenecho:

Not dumb when it comes true!

Wake up! You're dreaming.

#277 8 years ago

"These are all rigged. Theres a magnet underneath that makes the ball go right down the middle."

#278 8 years ago

I was playing on location at the mall on Friday. A little girl walks up, puts money in, and starts a game on FG with her mother standing nearby. She seemed to be doing well enough until her father walks up and immediately says, ''YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO HIT THEM AT THE SAME TIME.'' Of course he was referring to the flipper buttons. People suck.

#279 8 years ago

This being said by some douche bag in a "dumbest things you've heard from others about pinball" thread on Pinside.

#280 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

What's wrong with that statement?

Nothing. It's pretty much like "I played a DMD game and hit the same ramp 60 times and bashed a stupid figurine 80 times while it taunted me, but it was fun"

#281 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

The rest of the EMs made me feel like I was on quaaludes.

Take some quaaludes before you play my EMs and you will lose. They are set up fast and most have two inch flippers. There are shots on the tables that you will not hit during any given game. Ball times will be very short and there is no ball save. Don't shake them too hard because on some tilt ends game. Do you like a challenge?

#282 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Take some quaaludes before you play my EMs and you will lose. They are set up fast and most have two inch flippers. There are shots on the tables that you will not hit during any given game. Ball times will be very short and there is no ball save. Don't shake them too hard because on some tilt ends game. Do you like a challenge?

If you saw my performance at Pinburgh, you'd know I'd lose on your EMs without quaaludes. In fact, you could probably tee every ball up on the flippers and I'd find a way to f**k it up. I'm convinced I would have lost that tournament even if I was playing in the Glass Off division.

#283 8 years ago

From what I have heard some of these games set up at shows are not a good representation of how brutal they can be. I don't like easy.

#284 8 years ago

I don't know what you think brutal is, but there were at least 3 machines that I breathed on in the wrong direction and they tilted. All outlanes wide open, and barely any ball saves. PAPA hates pinball players.

#285 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

take 2 vacations a year and spend January in our Palm Springs condo. I don't play any pinball away from home.

I am with you on this one. I never play when I am on vacation. I want to get away from everything.

#286 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

what you think brutal is

If the game lasts more than a minute it is not brutal enough.

#287 8 years ago

Wake up! You're dreaming.

Of course im dreaming about an iron maiden pin. Since they have continued down the hard rock/metal path for music pins i see no better alternative for a music pin. Anyway its off topic, sorry.

The best and dumbest thing: "you only need one ball". Its the best because its true, and the dumbest to hear when you plunge your third ball and it hits one switch and goes straight out on TAF

#288 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

What's wrong with that statement? Those EM's are mostly the same basic game with almost the same layout (a few drop targets, 3 pops in the center, nothing to do). Who can remember a title? "I played and EM" is all you need to know (and it sucked). Maybe the title was "boring old game".

You have to be sh!tting me! Take a look at most DMDs, two ramps, two orbits, if you are stern, there's a magnet and a bash toy practically with every game. Man, you want to get generic, don't do it from behind the DMD curtain bud! You have much more variety in the EM's, some are extremely drop target heavy, others have tons of spinners, AAB, bonus heavy, you see much more variety in play from EM to EM, than you do from DMD to DMD.

I like all eras, I find it hard to find any machine many by any company at any time I can't sit down and play.

The irony to your getting bored and seeing yourself out of the hobby post in another thread too is your distaste for anything non DMD. Eventually most DMD'ers find early SS and EM's to some degree to mix things up for them. Honestly, you need to acquire a couple good ones, seriously give them a chance, or you will bore yourself out of the hobby.

Mark my words (pun intended!).

#289 8 years ago

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

#290 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

And who wants an alcoholic horse anyway?

Yes, I admit, the EM's don't excite me the way the DMDs do. But they DO have a charm and feel and challenge for sure. To each their own, y'all!

#291 8 years ago

Kevin is busy making a great pin for us! Stop nagging about information or the web site being purged. You are a troll for questioning his ethics and integrity. He is the real deal and you are jealous you did not get in. Since you have no skin it you should not post here. What is your motive for posting questions or concerns if you have no skin in it??? Troll!

I think I pretty much nailed it there

#292 8 years ago

Ha, this has turned into the dumbest reply to my post thread I see.

I don't really hear dumb things when I talk about my pin at work. My secretary's ex-husband even had one years ago. She said it was always breaking. Most don't even know new pinball machines are still being made.

#293 8 years ago

A local store has two pins off in a corner, often dirty and in need of repair. I'm playing one when two teens come over. They get change from the machine nearby and the first kid plunks two quarters into the open machine.

Kid 1: "it's not doing anything!"
    Kid 2: "Did you put in enough?"
    Kid 1: "It says two quarters per play."
    Kid 2: "Put in more."

Kid 1 inserts two more quarters and nothing happens. They start banging on the sides and shaking it but finally give up and walk away, grumbling about how ithis stupid machine ate their dollar. After my game ends, I walk over to check it out to see what's wrong.

They didn't push the start button.

#294 8 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

Aurich, it's your cue!

#295 8 years ago

Went to Lanes & Games with a pinball friend of mine a while ago. Nothing too dumb besides the typical people who walked up to Iron Man and Walking Dead (for some reason) and flailed the flippers.

#296 8 years ago

Brad Pitts son is an Iron Maiden fan...

#297 8 years ago

My wife's friend after being told I had a pinball machine asked if I had looked at Pachinko.

#298 8 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

A local store has two pins off in a corner, often dirty and in need of repair. I'm playing one when two teens come over. They get change from the machine nearby and the first kid plunks two quarters into the open machine.
    Kid 1 inserts two more quarters and nothing happens. They start banging on the sides and shaking it but finally give up and walk away, grumbling about how ithis stupid machine ate their dollar. After my game ends, I walk over to check it out to see what's wrong.

Haha you didnt bother to ask if they pressed start? did you play their credits? :p

#299 8 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

I would feel guilty about playing some kids game when it would have been very easy to say "press the green flashing button". I have said those exact words countless times.

#300 8 years ago

*sarcasm on*

Everything people say that doesn't fit with my own personal tastes, likes, and preferences is dumb.

*rolls eyes*

There are 306 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumbest-things-youve-heard-from-others-about-pinball/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.