Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,564 posts
  • 234 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 minutes ago by Tophervette
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF3080 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg
    boards_358.jpg
    IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
    03_ua_mm_plaque.jpg
    02_ua_mm_package_inside.jpg
    01_ua_mm_package_rear.jpg
    00_ua_mm_package_front.jpg
    boards_357.jpg
    boards_356.jpg
    s11_cpu_c58.jpg
    IMG_2252 (resized).jpg
    20240112_212911 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0859 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0858 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0862 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomass.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 4 years ago

Following this. How does one get on the list for the boards. I am interested in this as I mostly have system 11's in my coection and love them.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

If you're interested either post (which you just did) or PM. I have kept a list of people interested but I'm not super fast at doing things so please bring some patience. I'm doing this for fun, learning and to help keep machines going. Projects with no boards ... no problem. I'll just make the board!

No problem. I enjoy fighting my boards to get them up and keep them up, so however long it takes. You are doing the community a favor so take as long as you want and you won't hear me complain. I have also had the thought of just reproducing the original, but not the knowledge or skill. Also interested in those aux boards when then come down the pike. Thanks!

#19 4 years ago

I also like how you socketed the relays. Every aux power board I have, had a blown a/c relay on it. I socketed all of mine for future problems that may arise.

#25 4 years ago

Just so I am up to speed, since it seems like I missed the other thread; are the aux boards already done? Also have you worked up any type of cost associated with the bare aux boards? Sorry if this was covered ready or if they are not done yet. I am very interested in where this is going though.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

Yes. I started this thread due to a response in the other thread because what we're discussing in this thread is generic and not System 11 Auxiliary Power Board specific. These boards are done and I think I have a reasonable way of communicating the BOM. I wanted to get some more merchants but it's just taking more time than I'd like to fill in those fields. That's time not spent doing more on this stuff.
    Before making these available I'm going to have two local friends work through building the board so at least someone other than me has built a board. I do intend to provide support for building the board.

Not yet.

Yes. Me too! My problem is that I have so many ideas for boards that I want to get done it's actually more interesting to work on the new thing than to try to make sure all the loose ends on the last item(s) are cleared so they are ready for distribution. I'm trying to temper that with a satisfactory level of completion before moving on to the next thing.

If you need a tester or someone to help with loose ends, I am willing.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

If you need a tester or someone to help with loose ends, I am willing.

I also have at least 1 of each system 11 game if I can assist in any way. I have no problem populating a board too.

10 months later
    #83 3 years ago

I haven't checked back in while so figured I would check the sys 11 progress. I would be happy to purchase an unpopulated board set and repopulate it. Whenever you have some ready to purchase I will buy at least one. If you need someone to populate and test anything, let me know as well. Would be more than happy to help out.

#88 3 years ago
    Quoted from Xtraball:

Do not hesitate to buy one of these boards! This 16 opto board DumbAss made for me is working perfectly in my STTNG.[quoted image][quoted image]

How does one go about purchasing one of these?

#90 3 years ago
    Quoted from Xtraball:

You simply email DumbAss right here on this thread.

Ok. I dont see his email, but I sent him a PM. Thanks

#94 3 years ago

I am getting myself a set of sys 11 boards. Can anyone who has repopulated one tell me which components are the hardest to find? I already have most of the transistors, caps, resistors, and several of the dip chips.
    Thanks

#95 3 years ago

Also, if anyone needs a MAN72A PM me. I picked up a few extra to offset shipping, and I can send you one for less than you will pay on ebay. Not trying to make money on them. I will probably keep 5, leaving 5 to disperse.

#99 3 years ago
    Quoted from vec-tor:

Williams system 11 has custom sips. One side resistors... the other side capacitors.
    Data East mother boards had the components split apart.

Oh yeah, those src's. I replaced some without the capacitor end and have not had issues yet.

1 week later
    #103 3 years ago

Just got a set of sys 11 boards and they look really good! Thank you Victor!

20200504_143819 (resized).jpg20200504_143819 (resized).jpg
    #107 3 years ago

Maybe I missed it, but where did you get those SRC's on the new board? Did you pull them from an old board or did you find some for sale? Thanks
    Edit: nevermind, I see it in the PM.

#108 3 years ago

Does anyone have any recommendations for board to board connectors for the daughter boards?

1 week later
    #110 3 years ago

I love how you printed the component identification as well as it's function related to the rest of the machine and even what each jumper does. Great learning process just assembling one of these.

Resized_20200516_083622 (resized).jpegResized_20200516_083622 (resized).jpegResized_20200516_083752 (resized).jpegResized_20200516_083752 (resized).jpeg
    #113 3 years ago

Soldered in all the sockets that I currently have, still waiting on a couple. I am going to start populating some of the components that I have and another question popped up. I think I understand but just want to be sure:
    Just below the special solenoid connector is a set of switches. Are these just a test feature added on? Thanks again.

20200516_202617 (resized).jpg20200516_202617 (resized).jpg15897373126415388380604345810201 (resized).jpg15897373126415388380604345810201 (resized).jpg
    #114 3 years ago

Also..is there an affordable ic tester that you recommend? I don't work with anything modern, so something that covers SS through DMD pinball would be fine.

#120 3 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

Finally got a revision 03 System 11 CPU board completed. Only minor corrections, adjustments and improvements from the revision 02. Revision 03 supports an alternate flipper relay. Instead of the original 4PDT relay it also supports a DPDT miniature relay. The miniature relays are easier to acquire and cheaper than the original cube relays.
    There is also a new support board. A 74154 to 2x 74138 board. It allows use of two 74138s (3:8 decoder) to perform the same function as a single 74154 (4:16 decoder). The 74154 is getting harder to find in DIP (still available as SOIC). I believe GPE still has some stock. This board provides an alternative to finding a 74154 or using an SOIC form factor.
    For my testing purposes I made a few "helper" boards to use ZIF sockets for ICs so I could swap them and just use a simple boot test or a diagnostic test to ensure an IC works correctly.
    The board works on the bench. It needs to go for a little stress testing my Rollergames.
    [quoted image]

Have you thought about making a daughter board that would plug into a 4PDT socket and have a socket for the DPDT? To upgrade an older original board even? Not sure if that is even feasible or desirable, just thinking is all.

#123 3 years ago

I hate to keep asking questions, but does anyone know if this would work in place of the 6v 4PDT relay? I don't see where it specifies the dimensions.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163966607427

Screenshot_20200517-173446_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200517-173446_eBay (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomass.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumbass-test-and-reproduction-pcbs?tu=tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.