Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,564 posts
  • 234 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Tophervette
  • Topic is favorited by 441 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF3080 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg
    boards_358.jpg
    IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
    03_ua_mm_plaque.jpg
    02_ua_mm_package_inside.jpg
    01_ua_mm_package_rear.jpg
    00_ua_mm_package_front.jpg
    boards_357.jpg
    boards_356.jpg
    s11_cpu_c58.jpg
    IMG_2252 (resized).jpg
    20240112_212911 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0859 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0858 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0862 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#454 3 years ago

I received my bare diagnostic (test) boards from victor about a month ago, but have been working on other pcb assembly projects and didn't get around to ordering the components until this evening. since I was already ordering the components for myself, I figured I would up the quantities to take advantage of some of the price breaks.

so, for others that were interested in purchasing and building the diagnostic (tester) boards from @dumbass, I've gone and purchased 2 additional sets worth of components for the main diagnostic board and all 20 of the ancillary boards (although 2 of the connectors are on back order and I will not have them until late april & june).

to save a couple people the time and anguish of sourcing the parts from multiple vendors, once I receive all of the parts I will kit them up and offer them for sale on a first come, first served basis

I will also be including some additional colored LEDs for those interested in changing up the indicators for the williams standard, williams pinbot/f14, data east, power, wpc always closed, wpc trough jam and manual indicators.

the color of the 8x8 LED block that I can include will depend on what I have left in stock at the time (I ordered those in a few different colors [white, red, green, blue] as well)

1 week later
    #456 3 years ago

I completed my build this weekend (with the exception of the 3 connectors still on back order).

I believe that one of the 2 additional kits that I have available is already spoken for and will be adding the needed ethernet cables (5' shielded cat 5e) to my kit to make it easier (having everything you will need) to build and use.

I will be including (6) red, (2) blue, (2) yellow, (1) black, (1) white and (1) green 5' cat5e cables with the components (the colors of the cables match those of the ancillary boards for both system 11 and WPC).

the total will be $150 plus shipping

edit:
    I found a few mistakes in the BOM and have let victor know. there are 2 additional components not listed. on one of the system 11 and one WPC ancillary boards, they both require an additional 7pin and 9pin male header to be soldered in.

the cheapest (and easiest) solution for this is purchase (1) 26-48-1241 [connector, 0.156" header, 24 pin] and cut it down to the (2) appropriate sized sections needed. I will be doing that for the kits that I have as well.

edit2:
    one of the eithernet cables is on back order, but it's really no big deal since they will still arrive before the connectors that are on backorder.

2 months later
    #516 2 years ago

I finally received the last of my ethernet cables. once I have the remaining 3 molex connectors (early next month), I will have 2 complete kits of hardware for sale for anyone that wants to purchase the boards from DumbAss and build it as a kit

1 month later
    #542 2 years ago

I finally received the missing molex connectors from mouser yesterday so I now have 2 complete kits of parts (containing approx. 390 components and (13) color coded 5' cat5E ethernet cables (6 red, 2 blue, 2 yellow, 1 black, 1 green, 1 white) for those wishing to build the portable test kit (for both system 11 and WPC) that DA is offering.

the price is $150 plus shipping (first come, first served). once both sets are gone, that's it. I initially ordered enough components for 3 sets due to the price break cost savings.

pm me your details to calculate the shipping costs and get you a total. this contains all of the resistors, diodes, caps, molex connectors, ethernet connectors and an LED block (I believe I have red, white, yellow and green available).

what's not included? the blank boards offered by DA (original post) for System 11 + WPC is $150. Includes only one of each of the common boards.
    those, you will need to source by the thread creator

edit:
    1 set available, 1 set sold

ps
    it appears that I can fit all of the components (including the (13) 5' ethernet cables) into a usps priority medium flat rate box, so shipping shouldn't be too bad

edit 2:
    I decided to include the 4 different colored LED blocks with both kits. they weren't that expensive to begin with and I'm not sure what other projects I would use them with. this way you can decide which one you want to use (and the rest are your problem, not mine!

1 month later
    #561 2 years ago

I still have one more kit of parts/ethernet cables left (containing approx. 390 components and (13) color coded 5' cat5E ethernet cables (6 red, 2 blue, 2 yellow, 1 black, 1 green, 1 white) for those wishing to build the portable test kit (for both system 11 and WPC) that DA is offering.

the price is $150 plus shipping (first come, first served). pm me your details to calculate the shipping costs and get you a total.

edit: SOLD

4 months later
    #645 2 years ago

you sir, are a machine! hats off

6 months later
    #901 1 year ago

I like the purple boards. maybe victor would consider making all of the newer ones available that color for the rest of this year

on another note, has anyone created a digikey or mouser shopping cart for any of the bare board components. specifically, I'm looking for the WPC 89 fliptronic or audio board parts cart (I didn't realize just how many parts are on that audio board

2 weeks later
    #925 1 year ago

I've been putting together a list of links for parts for both the WPC 89 fliptronics and audio boards. some of the parts are getting harder to source so when I've finally found them from sources outside of digikey and mouser, I've been ordering quantity.

I will post what I have extras of when everything finally arrives for those also building their own boards.
    I will also post my shopping carts links to make it a little easier to order. I was able to procure most of my parts from mouser.com but some parts are on backorder through 2023-24 so I've had to source them at places like:

ebay
    (fliptronics board - TIP102, TIP36C)

pinball spare parts australia
    (audio board - 4.7uH inductor, 4584, 74LS11, 74LS74, TL084, YM2151)

great plains electronics
    (audio board - 74LS04, HC-55536, 74LC374)

arcadepartsandrepair.com
    (audio board - 27C040, 68B09E)

arcadechips.com
    (audio board - LM1875, TL082, x9503, YM3012, 6264)

3 weeks later
    #934 1 year ago

I should have the last headers today for the fliptronics board. if that happens, I will post a photo of my completed board along with a link for a spreadsheet all of the parts (links to mouser/digikey) that I used for the build.

I did end up using 2% resistors instead of the recommended 5% tolerance where possible because the price difference was just a few pennies and I could get them by all the same component manufacturer (to help make the board look a little nicer and uniform).

#952 1 year ago

are you populating the components on bare boards from victor?
    here's the first of (hopefully) all of victor's board designs to make the building experience a bit more friendly.

plan is to provide links to my dropbox of .rar files for the boards (the first one being the wpc fliptronics board)
    https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/jfrzmy2mvucoz8s7qh3od/w89_fliptronics_II_board_rev2.zip?rlkey=5p3y3kf97223zaw5n2qvxgixy&dl=0
    fliptronics board v2 (resized).pngfliptronics board v2 (resized).png

each .zip file contains a number of .png files, one of each component [by value], which are subdivided into folders by component type (capacitor, diode, resistor, transistor, etc...)
    and each individual .png file shows the highlighted location(s) of the component in question

I've done this for the original williams mpu board here (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twobits-wpc-mpu-complete-assembly#post-3589424) as well as a number of reproduction boards on KLoV, and all were well received

#957 1 year ago

ChrisHibler like this?

fliptronics board (white text) (resized).pngfliptronics board (white text) (resized).png

#960 1 year ago
    Quoted from ChrisHibler:

j_m_ Exactly. Really really nice.
    May I post this one to the PInWiki with attribution?

sure thing. I've replaced the image above with one where the text is all white on all components.

#966 1 year ago

I wasn't happy with the some of the things that came out the way that they did so I've re-colored the fliptronics board (see below). I will re-post the .rar tonight or this weekend

fliptronics board v2 (resized).pngfliptronics board v2 (resized).pngnow, it's easier to distinguish the different value resistors that are positioned next to each other
    link for new files
    https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/jfrzmy2mvucoz8s7qh3od/w89_fliptronics_II_board_rev2.zip?rlkey=5p3y3kf97223zaw5n2qvxgixy&dl=0

#969 1 year ago

I've updated the dropbox link in the post above (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumbass-test-and-reproduction-pcbs/page/20#post-7161252) with a new .zip file containing all of the image (by component) files

and here's the [modern art] version image of the fliiptronics II board
    fliptronics board II (modern art) (resized).pngfliptronics board II (modern art) (resized).png

1 week later
    #989 1 year ago

since we're sharing usps international horror stories, I sent a parcel to a friend in england last year right before thanksgiving. the tracking was never updated beyond the "received parcel" line from the originating post office. I ended up filing a claim and running a trace. usps paid off on the claim for 25% of the value (gee, thanks) and I figured that I was going to have to source the items again for my friend (on my dime).

low and behold, 9 months later he receives a message from his post office that a parcel addressed to him was found and was being redirected to his post office (from thailand). apparently, his package was thrown into the wrong container by the usps over here in the states and found its way in the wrong country for a good period of time. fortunately, it worked out in the end, but this was only one story in many that has had a happy ending with our postal system.

in other news, I'm currently working on the color charts for the following boards: system 11 cpu, wpc 89 power driver, and wpc 89 mpu
    my goal is to try and get all 3 complete before I leave for the chicago expo show next week. fingers crossed

#990 1 year ago
    #993 1 year ago

wpc89 power driver
    https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/whl8bllrkgk21ldz0bxll/w89_power_driver_WPC-089-PWR.zip?rlkey=s60au6fynlt6743rjt9a5j323&dl=0
    w89_power_driver_WPC-089-PWR (resized).pngw89_power_driver_WPC-089-PWR (resized).png

ps
    is it just me, or do these make great wallpaper images?

pps
    hat's off to victor for added the keyed box connectors. too many times are things questionable when reconnecting the ribbon cables

edit:
    2022.nov.01 new link added. final board snapshot added. I've added the components for the switching regulator that victor did for the purple boards. they are located in a separate folder inside of the .zip file

#1004 1 year ago

WPC 089 cpu board
    https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/k1zukh2w88mj4mtbtr4io/w89_cpu__WPC-089-CPU.zip?rlkey=yb46hxblovk1robj3soakjwe1&dl=0
    w89_cpu__WPC-089-CPU (resized).pngw89_cpu__WPC-089-CPU (resized).png

I will continue work on the rest of victor's boards after I'm back from expo

1 week later
    #1046 1 year ago

what I've found that works for me when I've been populating boards is the following:
    - like victor's original work, I've been using component bending tools (those plastic wedge shaped devices) to get the right length bends and to [try] and perfectly line up the component text so that it is visible. I'm not running some sweat shop, so time isn't of the essence (when it's done, it's done)

NOTE: while the these bending tools work great, the components do not fit in the channels perfectly (they are a little on the large side) so I typically align the [right] edge of all of the components with the inside edge of the bending tool to try and achieve a uniform look for the components

- I flare the component legs out enough to hold the component in place top side to tack solder them in place. after securing one leg (or 2 opposing diagonal legs for sockets/ic's), I will adjust the positioning of the components using a thumb (topside) while re-heating that leg. this is especially helpful with sockets (of which I use the machined pin variety, not dual swipe any more)

- after the component(s) are secure, I use a pair of hakko flush cutters to cut the legs at the top of the solder fillet

NOTE: once all of the components have been installed and all of excess leg length(s) have been cut, I go back and re-flow all of the solder connections for consistency (this helps to catch any missed connections [specifically with sockets]). what's also amazing is how much extra solder you end up "drawing or wicking" off of the fillets when re-flowing the entire board

I'll post photos of the 2 of victor's boards that I've populated along with 2 arcade projects (a gottlieb q*bert logic, and sound board) to show my work tonight

#1047 1 year ago

8257B333-28D6-490D-A2BD-E30D93C8C77B (resized).jpeg8257B333-28D6-490D-A2BD-E30D93C8C77B (resized).jpeg5F380779-0D81-41E3-B3AD-2930A69A2F79 (resized).jpeg5F380779-0D81-41E3-B3AD-2930A69A2F79 (resized).jpeg6934EDC9-AD29-4D62-869E-C6452C4F5BEF (resized).jpeg6934EDC9-AD29-4D62-869E-C6452C4F5BEF (resized).jpeg74AD1E8E-710D-4DEF-96F7-958B1A26DA8F (resized).jpeg74AD1E8E-710D-4DEF-96F7-958B1A26DA8F (resized).jpeg9239AA82-82AF-406E-A597-0C47F71076B6 (resized).jpeg9239AA82-82AF-406E-A597-0C47F71076B6 (resized).jpegDD761942-7FB6-49D9-9C07-7C61523299F2 (resized).jpegDD761942-7FB6-49D9-9C07-7C61523299F2 (resized).jpeg3C9F7A50-4868-4A02-A685-C86A26E8AC8D (resized).jpeg3C9F7A50-4868-4A02-A685-C86A26E8AC8D (resized).jpeg

#1048 1 year ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

wpc89 power driver
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kzabqwj3bc2sd0u/w89_power_driver_WPC-089-PWR.zip?dl=0
    [quoted image]
    ps
    is it just me, or do these make great wallpaper images?
    pps
    hat's off to victor for added the keyed box connectors. too many times are things questionable when reconnecting the ribbon cables
    edit:
    final board snapshot added. I've added the components for the switching regulator that victor did for the purple boards.

#1051 1 year ago

here's a sneak peak of what I've been working on
    w95_audio_visual_WPC-095-AVS (resized).pngw95_audio_visual_WPC-095-AVS (resized).png

#1054 1 year ago
    #1058 1 year ago

hoping to complete this one tomorrow
    w95_power_driver_WPC-095-PWR (resized).pngw95_power_driver_WPC-095-PWR (resized).png

#1059 1 year ago
    #1060 1 year ago

just a head's up for those looking for build their own boards up. this is the update that I received from mouser from my parts order back in august
    tip102 - 36c dates (resized).pngtip102 - 36c dates (resized).png

#1062 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kawydud:

I can assist with some of those if you need them sooner.

thank you for the offer but I was able to source the ones that I needed elsewhere back in september. I just thought that I would post the mouser dates for others to be aware. supply chain issues are still a thing (and it looks like they will continue to be an issue for many components through at least mid-next year).

#1081 1 year ago

I sent the link for the WPC95 power driver board .zip file to victor this morning for verification. once approved, I will post the link here

edit:
    2022.nov.02 - dropbox link posted above

1 week later
    #1084 1 year ago

it's funny how [bad] the original boards now look in terms of component alignment compared to the ones that people are building themselves where the components are all neat and tidy

#1087 1 year ago

WPC95 cpu board
    https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/xti8vuuirkexid87ym1bb/w95_cpu_WPC-095-CPU.zip?rlkey=33odpvik3t1rweo8hiug4vhl4&dl=0

w95_cpu_WPC-095-CPU (resized).pngw95_cpu_WPC-095-CPU (resized).png

edit: dropbox link revised nov.27.2022

#1090 1 year ago

williams system 9 cpu board
    https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/bdom9fcf64fvvibbnizr6/s09_cpu__SYS-009-CPU.zip?rlkey=6anjpoaik3oc1ofcebq4kk00o&dl=0

s09_cpu__SYS-009-CPU (resized).pngs09_cpu__SYS-009-CPU (resized).png

edit: dropbox link revised nov.27.2022

#1091 1 year ago

I'm hoping to have the data east cpu board complete this weekend as well as all of the image separations by component for these last 3.

that should take care of everyone for all of the larger, more complicated builds

#1093 1 year ago

not yet. it will take me a few hours this weekend to save all of the individual files (by component). I'm hoping to have the WPC95 and system 9 CPU boards completed after I get home from work this evening. the data east cpu board will probably be made available on sunday.

#1095 1 year ago

revised dropbox links updated for the wpc95 and system 9 cpu boards

edit: nov 27 2022 images verified by victor

#1096 1 year ago

data east cpu board
    https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/lzaynmo6z7cpt257e3scv/dec_cpu_DEC-S03-CPU.zip?rlkey=o9zzxre8q52h32h4j9b1l38r7&dl=0

dec_cpu_DEC-S03-CPU (resized).pngdec_cpu_DEC-S03-CPU (resized).png

edit:
    nov 29 2022 dropbox link updated, images verified

#1097 1 year ago

with the major boards out of the way, does anyone have any preferences of victor's other boards require the color charts?

#1099 1 year ago

Coyote which boards are you referring to?
    I have the following from victor:
    dec_cpu_DEC-S03-CPU

s09_cpu_SYS-009-CPU
    s09_cpu_speech_S09-CPU-SPH

s11_auxiliary_power_SYS-011-AUX
    s11_banzai_run_interconnect_S11-BZR-ICT
    s11_cpu_SYS-011-CPU
    s11_cpu_amplifier_S11-CPU-A02
    s11_cpu_diagnostic_digit_display_S11-CPU-DDD
    s11_cpu_digital_analog_conversion_S11-CPU-DAC
    s11_cpu_fused_special_solenoid_S11-CPU-FSS
    s11_cpu_special_solenoid_trigger_S11-CPU-SST
    s11_interconnect_SYS-011-ICT
    s11_overlay_sound_S11-OVR-SND
    s11_relay_SYS-011-RLY
    s11_sound_SYS-011-SND
    s11_sound_amplifier_S11-SND-A02

w89_cpu_WPC--089-CPU
    w89_cpu_security_W89_CPU-SEC
    w89_dot_matrix_controller_WPC-089-DMC
    w89_dot_matrix_controller_high_voltage_regulator_W89-DMC-HVR
    w89_power_driver_WPC-089-PWR
    w89_sound_dcs_WPC-089-DCS
    w89_sound_preDCS_WPC-089-SND

w95_audio_visual_WPC-095-AVS
    w95_cpu_WPC-095-CPU
    w95_power_driver_WPC-095-PWR

NOTE: bold text indicates the pc boards that I've color mapped

#1101 1 year ago

victor has not sent me the pc board layout images for those products, however they look pretty straight-forward with all similar components grouped together.

in that populated example above, I'm only seeing: 2 unique capacitors, 3 connectors, 4 diodes (including the 2 different colored LEDs), 1 inductor, 3 resistors (including the resistor pack), 3 transistors and a heat sink.

that WPC 10-opto board would have less than 20 different images. do you guys (and gals) think that providing the color charts for these types of boards would be helpful?

#1103 1 year ago

of what I haven't complete yet, my plan is to knock out the following boards:

s09_cpu_speech_S09-CPU-SPH*

s11_auxiliary_power_SYS-011-AUX

s11_cpu_amplifier_S11-CPU-A02*
    s11_cpu_diagnostic_digit_display_S11-CPU-DDD*
    s11_cpu_digital_analog_conversion_S11-CPU-DAC*
    s11_cpu_special_solenoid_trigger_S11-CPU-SST*
    s11_overlay_sound_S11-OVR_SND
    s11_sound_SYS-011-SND

w89_cpu_security_W89-CPU-SEC*
    w89_dot_matrix_controller_WPC-089-DMC
    w89_dot_matrix_controller_high_voltage_regulator_W89-DMC-HVR*
    w89_sound_dcs_WPC-089-DCS
    w89_sound_preDCS_WPC-089-SND

* NOTE: these boards because they are daughter boards to the more complex ones and people may have created shopping carts on mouser/digikey for both as single projects

#1108 1 year ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

I do these by hand with my standard iron tip. No magnifier nor microscope.
    I find the most time consuming part is actually aligning all the pins to the pads (straight and evenly spaced). When the ASICs arrived, the pins were bent all over the place. I'm always worried I'll break a pin off the body and render the IC worthless.
    It's 120 pins of pure soldering pleasure. NOT!

but those guys on the youtube videos make it look so effortless!

on a serious note, have you tried using a gull wing tip for flowing the pads on these types of chips?
    gullwing (resized).jpggullwing (resized).jpg

#1110 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

oh that sucks. I got lucky with the packages I do for the pin2dmd boards, they are tiny so they are come pretty straight out of the box. Once the bend it is really hard to not over correct. In this case though, when it does happen, the microscope come in really handy as you can see the leg perfectly and it really give you an idea of where you are at... I have tried without, I fell like I am soldering in the dark. My sight is good too, but something so tiny makes it harder.
    Anyway, I feel your pain. It is not my preferred soldering activity but it was a challenge and taught me a lot. If I had to a bunch of these I would invest in a nice hot air station with some sort of contraption to hold the IC in place. I have seen these before but never used one. Good for desoldering these suckers too.

that is a good suggestion as well. I've seen people make up templates and place them over the boards to swipe solder paste on the board. you remove the template and you're left with just a small amount of paste on the pads. you place the component down (as straight as you can get it), and then use a hot air station to heat the solder paste to the melting point. the surface tension created helps [pull] the legs of the component straight onto the pads if they are a bit off.

#1112 1 year ago

I'm building up a gameplan MPU board for a friend right now and it makes me appreciate victor's boards so much more.

other board designers could take a page out of his playbook by making sure that the holes and solder pads are large enough, and the spacing for the leads is based on component sizes. even the leads for some of the small ceramic caps had to be folded under the component in order fit into the [too] closely space holes in the board.

given how much dead space on on the board, there was no reason why the component spacing couldn't have been more forgiving. additionally, the BOM could have been more helpful by specifying the specifics for some of the components.

#1114 1 year ago

they should update the manual on their github. the version that I grabbed is 1.3 out of the doc folder (and as I've painfully found, the BOM does not match the board. and yes, and you've stated it would have been nice to note whether or not the caps were axial or radial, along with their lead spacing.

part no.'s for components that actually fit the lead spacing on his boards would go a long way, but I digress. the board is more or less complete until I receive a few components that I had to re-order due to the above mentioned inconsistencies.

1 week later
    #1124 1 year ago

WPC89 dot matrix controller
    https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/mt3e199rfe3zypwffx5e1/w89_dot_matrix_controller__WPC-089-DMC.zip?rlkey=6395gxe6koqwchkmph4lbo94k&dl=0

w89_dot_matrix_controller__WPC-089-DMC (resized).pngw89_dot_matrix_controller__WPC-089-DMC (resized).png

WPC89 dot matrix controller high voltage regulator (daughter board)
    https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/di1y6g6sup9fb8shasurv/w89_dot_matrix_controller_high_voltage_regulator_W89-DMC-HVR.zip?rlkey=8lhwv2nqg3yudb8irpuse3s9n&dl=0
    w89_dot_matrix_controller_high_voltage_regulator_W89-DMC-HVR (resized).pngw89_dot_matrix_controller_high_voltage_regulator_W89-DMC-HVR (resized).png

edit: 2022.dec.16 images verified, dropbox links added

#1126 1 year ago

WPC89 preDCS sound board
    https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/shn3ho7px73xjk0s67v6h/w89_sound_preDCS_WPC-089-SND.zip?rlkey=g4vya643pyw5xo1bxwp4iirtv&dl=0

w89_sound_preDCS_WPC-089-SND (resized).pngw89_sound_preDCS_WPC-089-SND (resized).png

edit:
    images have been verified, dropbox link added. merry xmas all

2 weeks later
    #1129 1 year ago

w89_sound_dcs_WPC_089-DCS
    https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/kmjsrto83cgo96fsaukds/w89_sound_dcs_WPC_089-DCS.zip?rlkey=ja363bt3zs59kht8grnkcx5uh&dl=0

w89_sound_dcs_WPC-089-DCS (resized).pngw89_sound_dcs_WPC-089-DCS (resized).png

edit: jan.08.2023 - images verified, dropbox link posted

2 weeks later
    #1133 1 year ago

I can't state this enough "you're a machine"

1 month later
    #1174 1 year ago

TIP102 and 36C continue to be in short supply (from reputable sources). I'm still waiting for my 36C's that I ordered from mouser.com back in july of last year, but did finally receive the 102's back in early january.

#1192 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kawydud:

I wanted to post a public thank you to j_m_ for the excellent work breaking the board images down into individual components. Assembling the system 11 board last night and had my laptop open with the images. Such great work. If you any of you haven't downloaded them yet, search this thread, he did an incredible job.

thanks for the kind words. I'm glad to be able to help out the community in my own little way. victor's done a fantastic job on these boards and it's so much nicer to work with brand new materials and components.

5 months later
    #1361 8 months ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

I have one of victor’s WPC-89 CPU boards (for my TZ). Does anyone have a mouser or equivalent shopping cart they can share for the components?
    My existing CPU has battery damage that keeps getting worse….

I thought that I had one saved from when I purchased components for an OEM board build, but apparently not. sorry about that.
    if I recall, the components were pretty easy to source with the exception of the ASIC (which you're probably transferring from your original board).

2 months later
    #1388 5 months ago

I stopped ordering from jameco years ago. they used to buy up stock from failing companies and since those dried up, much of their stock is rebranded garbage of china origin

4 months later
    #1496 44 days ago

notice to everyone looking for the color-coded files:
    I'm currently sorting out issues with my dropbox account. I should have everything worked out by the weekend and will provide new links for all of the files.
    sorry for the inconvenience.

1 week later
    #1532 36 days ago

sorry, I was down for the count this weekend (pinched a nerve in my back). looking to get this resolved tonight or tomorrow. sorry for the delay guys & gals

update:
    the space has been freed. I will re-up the files along with new links tonight. I will just have to go through the thread to update all of the out-of-date links.
    if this happens again, feel free to shoot me a pm with your email address and the files that you're looking for and I will gladly shoot you the .zip file.

#1534 36 days ago

I've updated all of the links in their appropriate posts. please let me know if anything doesn't work correctly.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumbass-test-and-reproduction-pcbs?tu=j_m_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.