Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,564 posts
  • 234 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Tophervette
  • Topic is favorited by 440 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF3080 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg
    boards_358.jpg
    IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
    03_ua_mm_plaque.jpg
    02_ua_mm_package_inside.jpg
    01_ua_mm_package_rear.jpg
    00_ua_mm_package_front.jpg
    boards_357.jpg
    boards_356.jpg
    s11_cpu_c58.jpg
    IMG_2252 (resized).jpg
    20240112_212911 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0859 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0858 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0862 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fattmatt1972.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#558 2 years ago

DumbAss

Do you have any plans/ would you consider making a system 3/4/6/7 WMS all in one board similar to the RD MPU327?
    Even a bare board for end user self population like your other bare boards would be awesome.

Or maybe separate MPU and Driver boards similar to the originals with a better interconnect system?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Matt.

4 months later
    #637 2 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Second, put me down for a System 7 board

Me too.
    I'd prefer an unpopulated one or even better a kit if if possible?

If not a fully built one would be fine.

Nice work.

Regards,
    Matt.

3 weeks later
    #664 2 years ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I'm in the middle of restoring a Firepower right now, so I'd love to pick up one of your system 3-7 blank boards when you are ready to sell them

You and me both, Gorgar for me...

I'd say with the number of titles using this board and how bad the interconnectors are on the OG boards these will be a good seller.

Matt.

1 week later
    #718 2 years ago

Fantastic work Victor.

I am defo keen for one of those 3-7's whenever you are ready.
    Take your time mate, it's ready when it ready.

Many thanks for your work.

Matt.

3 months later
    #806 1 year ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

The next priority is the unified System 3-7 CPU board

woohoo.

Quoted from DumbAss:

Seems like the System 3-7 stuff may not be built or tested for a while

doh!

Matt.

2 months later
    #911 1 year ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

people who have been waiting patiently). If I get all those finished I can spend some time looking at the System 3-7 unified board

Puts hand up
    I'm happy to wait as long as it takes.

I am enjoying watching all these other boards and projects you are doing, fantastic work.

Matt.

1 month later
    #964 1 year ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

ChrisHibler like this?
    [quoted image]

Nice.

Matt.

1 week later
    #996 1 year ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

Victor donated two custom purple PCBs to Project Pinball for our charity auction

Well done.
    Those boards look the ducks nuts too.

Matt.

1 week later
    #1023 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

now that we are talking soldering, allow me to do a quick flex while I show you my just rebuilt Data East Playfield Board. Hopefully soon next, I will be working on @dumbas DE CPU/Driver board to replace the OEM that has seen better days.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice soldering work.

Matt.

4 months later
    #1201 1 year ago

Nice work on the System 3-7 Victor.

I knew you would get there once you had some time to dedicate to it, congratulations.
    Such nice looking boards, your workmanship is exceptional.

Looking forward to purchasing an unpopulated one of these once you're ready with a release version.

Matt.

4 weeks later
    #1247 1 year ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

Note that even if the board is available for general consumption, my complete board queue is WAY out there.

I am hoping that once the 3-7 is verified you will sell some unpopulated boards to a few of us who are happy to build it ourselves?
    Even if you aren't selling the populated ones at that stage due to your workload?

If not, it is what it is, I can wait.

Thanks again for giving us (soon) a viable alternative to the old crappy 2 piece board set.

Matt.

1 month later
    #1307 11 months ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

Gorgar. Testing completed.

Hopefully, I can get some of the (other) open issues resolved and some of the smaller boards out of design so I can place that (combined) fabrication order (saves on shipping) and get this S3-7 board out to people who have been waiting very patiently.

Fantastic news.

Matt.

2 months later
    #1339 9 months ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

Victor has been quiet for 18 days. Must be working

Hopefully finishing up his backlog and finalizing the 3-7 for release to the masses.

Matt.

4 months later
    #1396 5 months ago
    Quoted from justler:

I've been going through DumbAss' BOM and it's taking me quite a lot of time to build at Digikey and Mouser as you guys know!

Surely does take some work and effort (and some blurry vision from staring at multiple lists) but it's a satisfying thing once you have all the parts ordered.

Just finished the parts order for a 3-7 board with some help from @dumbass, thanks again for your help mate

I am in Australia and used Mouser and Tayda Electronics (Tayda was a tip from @dumbass), Tayda is cheaper than Mouser and is located in Thailand but also has a distro in the USA their website says, https://www.taydaelectronics.com/

Matt.

1 month later
    #1420 3 months ago
    Quoted from TimStevens:

helping me find cheaper alternatives. Saved me a ton over what I'd initially found.

Tayda?
    DumbAss steered me in the right direction too when sourcing parts for my soon to be built sys 3/7 board.

He really is a gentleman and an extremely helpful person, can't say enough good things about him.

Matt.

#1431 3 months ago
    Quoted from dung:

Are these new one silent? Ie the relays don't audibly click like the originals?

Most relays will have some degree of 'click' unless they are solid state.

Matt.

2 months later
    #1507 37 days ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

Probably TMI. Sorry.

Not for me, myself having done a bit of OS travel I find it fascinating that you have travelled 1,000,000 miles.
    At 25,000 miles to round the earth, this puts you at circling the globe 40 times, amazing.

I think I wrote in a PM to you it was 25 times, but I miscalculated...

Glad your travels all went well, now get back to work (JK)

Matt.

4 weeks later
    #1557 8 days ago

Bloody brilliant mate (the United box), not a gold watch but still an extremely impressive achievement imo.

Thanks for sharing.

Oh, and the boards, yeah, their ok.

Matt.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fattmatt1972.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumbass-test-and-reproduction-pcbs?tu=fattmatt1972 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.