Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,564 posts
  • 234 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Tophervette
  • Topic is favorited by 440 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF3080 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg
    boards_358.jpg
    IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
    03_ua_mm_plaque.jpg
    02_ua_mm_package_inside.jpg
    01_ua_mm_package_rear.jpg
    00_ua_mm_package_front.jpg
    boards_357.jpg
    boards_356.jpg
    s11_cpu_c58.jpg
    IMG_2252 (resized).jpg
    20240112_212911 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0859 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0858 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0862 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinphila.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#180 3 years ago

Do you have a list of available boards?

#182 3 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

A good reminder I need to set up a store. It's a lot of information to post and it can look overwhelming. I'll try to keep it brief and list what's available.
    Boards are available bare or complete. Bare boards are provided with a complete (digital) BOM and full support for acquiring parts if problems arise. Complete boards require assembly so please allow time for assembly.
    System 11 Boards.
    - System 11 CPU Board (from High Speed to Bugs Bunny).
    - System 11 Solenoid Fuse Board (fusing the special solenoids).
    - System 11 Auxiliary Power Board.
    - System 11 Interconnect Board (not Big Guns, Space Station or Banzai Run).
    - System 11 Relay Board.
    - System 11 Banzai Run Interconnect Board.
    Display Boards. All display boards are available in orange, red, green and white (white blocks to be re-ordered). They will also be available in blue if I can get some blue blocks.
    - System 11 Discrete Display (High Speed to Pinbot).
    - System 11 Quad Display (F-14 to Swords of Fury).
    - System 11 Double Display (Taxi to Bugs Bunny - NOT individual left/right displays).
    - Data East Quad Display.
    - Data East Double Display.
    - WPC Alphanumeric Display (Funhouse and The Machine).
    WPC-89 Boards.
    - WPC-89 Power Driver Board.
    - WPC-89 CPU Board.
    - WPC-89 CPU Security Board.
    - WPC-89 Sound Board (one reported issue I am working through).
    - WPC-89 Fliptronic Board.
    WPC Boards.
    - WPC 3-Opto (Ramp Opto) Board.
    - WPC 7-Opto Board.
    - WPC 10-Opto Board (larger board for vertical mounting bracket).
    - WPC 16-Opto Board (mounting holes for earlier revision J5 connector closer to playfield).
    - WPC Coin Door Interface (early WPC-89)
    - WPC Coin Door Interface (later WPC-89 and WPC-95)
    Some of the boards that are missing are boards that do not work properly so I cannot list them.
    I also have a bunch of bench test and diagnostic boards available but I won't list them here. They're a niche market but if interested please feel free to PM.

I would make this the first post and edit as things come available. Freeplay40 does that with his ramps. Prices would be good too. Thanks for the work! I’ll be ordering soon

7 months later
    #466 2 years ago

Any thoughts on a system 3-7 board set?

2 months later
    #527 2 years ago

System 9 boards would be huge!!! Good luck!

1 week later
    #532 2 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

Better late than never. I spent the weekend building the System 9 CPU board. I wanted an answer if it worked or not and if not what the problems are so I have an idea of things to examine. I like to have low priority threads going on. You never know when the penny will drop on what is causing problems.
    Finally ... after a long time in development ... the board works (on the bench). All tests passed. Including the sound and speech. I don't have an external speech board so I haven't tested that aspect but I prepared the special ROM (combined sound and speech) and it works. I also tested 6808 with 6264 as well as 6802 without 6264 for the sound. Display works. Sound/speech works. Solenoids work - controlled and special. Switches work. Special solenoid diagnostics also works.
    [quoted image]
    I added a coin and started a "game". The display shows "00" for the score but the timing of the image doesn't show it.
    [quoted image]
    The complete board (right side up). The 2x20 ribbon header is not populated as I need to order the part.
    [quoted image]
    While building it I found one very minor silkscreen error. The key for the power (1J17) connector. The board is electrically correct. There are a few other things that will be tweaked. I still need to test in a physical machine but I have never had an instance of a board passing on the bench but failing in a machine due to a board issue. Failure in a machine is always an issue with another board or the wiring of the machine.
    The four remaining boards I have are available if anyone has been waiting and wants one immediately. If/When those are gone there will be a delay as I need to make the modifications and have the next revision fabricated. The BOM is mostly the same as the OEM board but there are some IC and electrical changes to "modernize" it. The obvious changes are:

Replacing the 3x BT97/74365/74367 (3x6 buffer) with 2x 74244 and 1x 74125 (2x8+1x4 buffer).
    Replacing the 1x 74154 (1x 4:16 decoder) with 2x 74138 (2x 3:8 decoder).
    Replacing the 6116 with the option for a 6116 or 6264.
    Replacing the 6810 with a the option for a 6116 or 6264.
    Removing support for the TIP42 and only supporting MOSFETs in the lamp column drives.
    Replacing the MAN72A with LSHD-7801.
    Adding

24x 470pF capacitors.
    6x Zener diodes.
    6x fuses to individual fuse the special solenoid drives.

Bare boards are available immediately. I will be updating the BOM document in the near future. Complete boards will be added to the end of the work queue.
    Now (really) back to building boards requested from over a month ago.

Great work! Can’t wait to hear more.

#535 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Love.seeing the progress on the System 9 MPU. Please consider changing your Pinside name.

Agree “DA electronics”

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinphila.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumbass-test-and-reproduction-pcbs?tu=Pinphila and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.