Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,538 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by ChrisHibler
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240112_212911 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0859 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0858 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0862 (resized).jpeg
    mismatch (resized).jpg
    good (resized).jpg
    boards_355.jpg
    boards_354.jpg
    boards_353.jpg
    boards_352.jpg
    boards_351.jpg
    boards_350.jpg
    boards_349.jpg
    DSCF3077 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7962 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7961 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mutt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#595 2 years ago

Hey everyone

Victor squeezed me into his busy sxhedule & hooked me up w/ a new System 11b board for my Police Force. I gently pulled processors (U15/U24) & ROMs (U21/U22/U26/U27) from the original board & got them in the new board. once I stuck it into the machine & turned it on, adjust error, unplayable, & wired sounds. I quickly turned it off w/o trying to go through the menu.

how can I tell if I put the processors or roms in upside down? they fit either way so maybe I have 1 of them flipped around.

20211127_214218-labeled (resized).jpg20211127_214218-labeled (resized).jpg
    20211127_215208-labled (resized).png20211127_215208-labled (resized).png

#597 2 years ago
    Quoted from Juicerc51:

There is a half circle on one end of the picture on the board you are supposed to match the round indent on the chip to that same side. I cant see the board picture in the pics you provided so I cant say they are backward or not as I am not familiar with that board set.

thanks! I hadn't even noticed those marks. going thru my before & after pics I can see 5 out of 6 are good. I'll have to look closer at U24 to make sure but based on all the others, I'm going to guess it's good too.

----------

just checked U24 too & thankfully it's not upside down either. thanks again

#603 2 years ago
    Quoted from Robotworkshop:

The windows on the EPROM chips should really be covered. If they are exposed to light for too long it can start erasing bits. Even if one bit flips and reverts to a 1 it can cause issues. Would help to verify the contents of the ROM chips and if corrupt then erase and reprogram.

good to know. I found the stickers & will reattach them. as for the EPROMs, I don't own a programer. searching the site I see lots of olds posts about the GQ-4X4. is this still the go to unit or are the cheaper ones fine? I'll almost never use it. this may be the 1 time.

3 months later
    #715 2 years ago

I wanted to drop in & say thank you to Victor for my System11B board for Police Force. He got it to me quickly, really quick. I didn't "need" it for christmas but it sure was nice of him to make sure I got it in the short time available at a very busy time of year. (above & beyond) as you can see by all the pics in this thread, the board is beautiful. mine had a small issue & for all I know I caused it (I am a bit of a bull in a china shop) but victor helped thru numerous emails & asked me to mail it back so he could see for himself. i got it back ASAP in perfect working order.

then I should also say thanks to the pinsiders. even w/ the new board fixing my battery acid damage, I still had audio issues. more that 1 person pointed out missing stickers leaving exposed sound / speech roms which could be an issue or become one. I replaced them but it didn't fix my speech issue. after searching the forum for people w/ similar issues I replaced the 2 CPUs (only 1 needed to be replaced but I was done fucking around) & she's 100% now. clean displays, speech, & music all working properly again!

so long story short, pinside saved the day & I can't recommend working w/ DumbAss enough. it was a pleasure. thanks

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mutt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumbass-test-and-reproduction-pcbs?tu=Mutt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.