Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,564 posts
  • 234 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Tophervette
  • Topic is favorited by 441 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF3080 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg
    boards_358.jpg
    IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
    03_ua_mm_plaque.jpg
    02_ua_mm_package_inside.jpg
    01_ua_mm_package_rear.jpg
    00_ua_mm_package_front.jpg
    boards_357.jpg
    boards_356.jpg
    s11_cpu_c58.jpg
    IMG_2252 (resized).jpg
    20240112_212911 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0859 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0858 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0862 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KenLayton.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 4 years ago

Can you provide these as "build-it-yourself" kits?

If you can provide the bare board plus all the parts needed along with assembly instructions, I'd be interested in buying some of your products to put together for myself.

7 months later
    #132 3 years ago

What happened with the FLIR pictures? They bizzarily colored and hard to see what the object is.

3 months later
    #204 3 years ago

I love that Williams WPC external power board for 12 volt accessories. My buddy Welby Bergum usually has me wire up several led light strips on his machines so that board would be very handy for us. He's got about 100 machines in his collection (and growing daily, just got a Game Show, DE Hook, and Theater of Magic). We could buy the blank boards if they come with a shopping list for Mouser or digikey (we have accounts with them) and I could assemble them.

#210 3 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

Say "Hi" to Welby for me. Haven't seen him since he stopped contributing to the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show.
    I tested these with a hard drive power brick last night and they provide the correct voltage. I want to test these in a machine to make sure. Then I need to discuss with my friend what he wants to do. These were made for him and I don't want to infringe on his turf. We'll be meeting up in the near future. Hopefully I'll have it tested before then but otherwise we could possibly test in one of his machines.
    As a reminder I do provide fully assembled (complete) boards but there is lead time as I don't want to spend time keeping stock available when I could spend time working on the next project. I will stop and build boards if there is a request for one. For these boards I will need to update my spreadsheets with BOM information and then transfer the BOM information into a table in a document. This BOM is small enough I could spend some time trying to figure out Digikey or Mouser BOM lists.

If these WPC external power accessory boards are available, Welby said he'd want ten of them. We've got a ton of WPC machines we could use them in. We make our own led light strip mods and use the original WPC power connectors and our own "Y" cables to connect them to the WPC power driver boards.

1 month later
    #298 3 years ago

I will soon be assembling some LISY boards. Just have to wait for all of the parts to arrive from Digikey.

For me, it's just like building a Heathkit back in the day. I had fun doing that with my dad. He was a big Heathkit fan too. In fact, he was still using his hand built Heathkit equipment up till the day he died.

2 months later
    #399 3 years ago

Don't worry too much on Fedex. My order from Digi-key (normally 4 day service) took two weeks to get to me! My package sat in Renton for three days before it got to Tacoma. Then another day to get from Tacoma to Dupont. Shortly after I had placed the Digikey order, the package spent a week in Montana. Fedex seems to be awfully slow lately.

#407 3 years ago

I think Welby is getting a DE ninja turtles very soon.

2 months later
    #491 2 years ago

The WPC External Power Supply board works great with both 12 volt and 5 volt accessories. It has 8 output connectors. Connectors match the WPC Power Driver board connectors J116 through J118 pinouts. This is the wall wart I use to power the board.

WPC aux1 (resized).JPGWPC aux1 (resized).JPGWPC aux2 (resized).JPGWPC aux2 (resized).JPGWPC aux3 (resized).JPGWPC aux3 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KenLayton.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumbass-test-and-reproduction-pcbs?tu=KenLayton and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.