Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,564 posts
  • 234 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Tophervette
  • Topic is favorited by 440 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF3080 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg
    boards_358.jpg
    IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
    03_ua_mm_plaque.jpg
    02_ua_mm_package_inside.jpg
    01_ua_mm_package_rear.jpg
    00_ua_mm_package_front.jpg
    boards_357.jpg
    boards_356.jpg
    s11_cpu_c58.jpg
    IMG_2252 (resized).jpg
    20240112_212911 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0859 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0858 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0862 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider G-P-E.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#129 3 years ago

... and you never forget the smell!

1 year later
    #522 2 years ago

Looks quite nice.
    Huge board, very busy with lots of useful text.
    Gold colored plating - Electrolysis Nickel Immersion Gold (ENIG)? Shooting for RoHS compliance? This type of plating is a good choice and I use it often. Easy to use to compared to other RoHS platings.
    J120 (ribbon cable type connection) looks to have enough room at the ends for a shrouded header (boxed in connection) to keep connectors from being off by a row or two. If you can fit in a connector in with ejectors then your customers would love it... but the heat sink below it might be a little close.

#525 2 years ago

Shrouded headers - excellent improvement over the naked headers and saves a lot of headache from having headers off by a row or two. Headers with ejectors is nice to save on ribbon cables but not a must have... just something to keep in the back of your mind. I did notice your earlier boards were not shrouded but I also noticed they were so full that there really wasn't any choice.
    Strange that the software shows the pads as yellow - I thought for sure they were the ENIG type plating (which is kinda pricey). Although it is nice, there is no need for this type of plating for a pinball machine. All my boards for work are ENIG but my pinball boards are always the old standby tin/lead plating. Just can't beat that for cost/performance.
    What software did you use for the rendering of the board? My Mentor PADS doesn't do nearly as nice of a job at rendering images and it always looks like a throwback to the 1980s.

8 months later
    #749 2 years ago

OH! No wonder why I haven't sold any 74LS240s in months... fixed the website!

Regarding Jameco - I know of one manufacturer that isn't real happy with Jameco due to the parts they stock and where/how they buy them.

Boxed headers aren't needed but the nice thing about boxed headers is they keep blind and/or impatient people like me from installing the plugs off by one row.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider G-P-E.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumbass-test-and-reproduction-pcbs?tu=G-P-E and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.