Got the Pinbot display build completed tonight! I’m very happy with the results. I did find a couple issues, but was able to work around them.
I’ll probably be making a set of black foam baffles to go around the displays to block out the back box light soon as well.
The displays looks 100% blue and red in person, my iPhone just washed them out a bit.
B75E29C8-FA1C-4BA3-B861-906D4BCB1692 (resized).jpeg87DE8D7B-6B71-4AD3-BDFF-FACB7F08BD1A (resized).jpeg799F49CD-4219-48BF-BF28-0A3AE7328E43 (resized).jpeg1CB2312A-A2AC-4473-90F4-9FD77A7E5A61 (resized).jpeg0F9C3EF4-DD5B-45FA-91F4-268A12CFD733 (resized).jpeg
The biggest snag I ran into was the top right mounting post in the back box was covered by the player 1&2 daughter board. I ended up drilling a hole through the daughter board and rounded it a bit with my dremel. The other issue is that the player 2 ribbon cable (if using the stock cables like I did) was really tight. It reaches and seats fully, but it should probably be replaced with a longer one.
Mounting hole blocked
Drilled player 1&2 daughter board
FDFAF11D-B24A-4FCE-A150-D41046D87611 (resized).jpegF9F66E7F-5210-48BD-BE9C-817BEA832832 (resized).jpeg
Widened with the dremel
5A59CC02-F0E8-4D05-8253-6EBA6201CBCB (resized).jpeg9FE5ED26-319B-41ED-B960-D25C1F25123E (resized).jpeg
Final pic before mounting the display board
Mounting the display board
25CDD0DF-8FD5-4F21-90DA-4E0C139B0600 (resized).jpegB007F13C-18D1-45AB-A861-0DBE8BFA8AC8 (resized).jpeg733D514D-2D6F-4A6D-B157-13ABB61C6ED9 (resized).jpeg24E6C58F-B51F-4BDF-97C6-F2A325DC5A3E (resized).jpeg