Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Laithan
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What board and what color combination would you like?”

• System 11 CPU in green / white 6 votes
      12%
    • System 11 CPU in blue / white 4 votes
      8%
    • System 11 CPU in yellow / white 1 vote
      2%
    • System 11 CPU in yellow / black 1 vote
      2%
    • System 11 CPU in black / white 3 votes
      6%
    • System 11 CPU in white / black 1 vote
      2%
    • WPC-89 CPU in green / white 4 votes
      8%
    • WPC-89 CPU in blue / white 3 votes
      6%
    • WPC-89 CPU in yellow / white 0 votes
    • WPC-89 CPU in yellow / black 1 vote
      2%
    • WPC-89 CPU in black / white 4 votes
      8%
    • WPC-89 CPU in white / black 0 votes
    • WPC-89 Power Driver in green / white 5 votes
      10%
    • WPC-89 Power Driver in blue / white 7 votes
      14%
    • WPC-89 Power Driver in yellow / white 0 votes
    • WPC-89 Power Driver in yellow / black 2 votes
      4%
    • WPC-89 Power Driver in black / white 8 votes
      16%
    • WPC-89 Power Driver in white / black 0 votes

(50 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

boards_302.jpg
    boards_301.jpg
    #1 1 year ago

The purple boards I had made for charities and auctions have generated some demand for alternative colors (not just red). Some people have color preferences. Other people have no such preference and only care that they receive a board that works.

This poll is separate from the main thread found elsewhere on this forum. The purpose of this thread is to gauge preferences from those who care about such things. Everyone has an opinion and I welcome expressing it here by indicating your preference in the poll.

The most popular boards requested are the WPC-89 CPU board (standard not security), WPC-89 Power Driver board and System 11 CPU board. The System 11 CPU board is the clear winner but the other two boards are not that far behind. Therefore, I will offer these two boards as options. The other boards can be offered but there's just not enough demand to have a quantity of them fabricated. If you feel strongly about another board (other than the three offered), post your opinion in this thread.

There are SIX color options considered.

• Green with white silkscreen.
    • Blue with white silkscreen.
    • Yellow with white silkscreen.
    • Yellow with black silkscreen.
    • Black with white silkscreen.
    • White with black silkscreen.

Only one choice is allowed. This means that if you participate, you have to select which board as well as which color combination.

Posted comments outside the poll are welcome. To pre-empt any questions on the issue, NO, purple will not be offered this time around.

I will make the final decision on which board and in what color combination. The poll is a way for you to influence the actual decision, not make it.

#2 1 year ago

WPC-95 Audio/Video board....blue with white.

#3 1 year ago

I think black boards might look good.
    White boards might look good when new but not so good in 30 years maybe?
    We gotta get there first lol

Anyways, I would not do white. Dirty fingers, dirty cables…

Better to stick to darker colours.

My choices
    #1 purple if I could
    #2 black
    # 3 green

#4 1 year ago

I think Green boards would look more like stock. I really prefer my red boards. People looking at the back box, immediately ask who makes those boards?

#5 1 year ago

I perfer the red boards too...but I'd go black if it were a second choice...but why isn't red up there? or did I miss something here?...

#6 1 year ago

Yellow with white lettering I think would be very hard to see the writing on the board.

#7 1 year ago

Last time I saw a black PCB, the traces were very difficult to see. Black would be my last choice.

#8 1 year ago

Color ... who cares !
    Just keep making the great products that you make.

I liked the purple, would like to see the black boards

#9 1 year ago

I feel the Red and purple boards have become a signature for your boards and I like my red boards. However from the list you have though, I would chose the Blue.

#10 1 year ago

I have/had games with green, purple, red, and blue boards. Would love to see black, as I think a backbox full of those would look quite nice.

#11 1 year ago

I'd love to see all of the boards offered in purple but I get that you wanted that as something special for the charity auctions.

I like the red boards (as others have noted, it stands out immediately and hearkens to the boards in prototype games).

black boards with white or yellow screening would look nice.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I'd love to see all of the boards offered in purple but I get that you wanted that as something special for the charity auctions.
    I like the red boards (as others have noted, it stands out immediately and hearkens to the boards in prototype games).
    black boards with white or yellow screening would look nice.

For people in the “know” red are fine but most people questions these as “aftermarket”
    A less prominent colour might help reduce this questioning by those people not aware of the quality of these boards, which exceptional btw

#13 1 year ago

To me, nothing looks better than a bright, shiny, original, unmolested green and white PCB. I will make one and only one exception, and that would be for any board made by the OP. The quality of his work is outrageous. A PCB that was in the original green/white produced by the OP would be sublime, the substance of dreams. I'm hoping for that dream.

2 weeks later
    #14 1 year ago

New year bump. One more bump before potential fabrication.

#15 1 year ago

WPC-89 Power Driver Board
    Green with white lettering

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

New year bump. One more bump before potential fabrication.

Assuming you are back! And hope you had a wonderful visit.

2 months later
    #17 1 year ago

hey victor,
    any update on if you are going to produce any of your pc boards in an alternative color?

I'd be all in for a set of black boards for WPC89 (audio, fliptronics, power driver, mpu, video) w/ gold, green, white, or yellow lettering (color preference in that order).

3 weeks later
    #18 11 months ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

any update on if you are going to produce any of your pc boards in an alternative color?

I updated the main thread just recently but forgot to update this one with just the color specific information. Some of this is a cross post.

boards_301.jpgboards_301.jpgboards_302.jpgboards_302.jpg

Quoted from j_m_:

I'd be all in for a set of black boards for WPC89 (audio, fliptronics, power driver, mpu, video) w/ gold, green, white, or yellow lettering (color preference in that order).

I have black CPU and green PWR being fabricated.

I have no plans for black SND/FLP/DMC. I just don't get enough requests for these three boards that it makes any sense to even think about it.

I would consider a small(er) one time fabrication of these boards as a favor for you. If there are other actual requests for black of the three boards that would add more weight to the consideration. I have quite a few (different not necessarily WPC) boards made (standard red) that I am still sitting on due to the low demand. I think the demand is low because most people just do web searches for merchants and find merchant store pages and go there. That works for me since I don't scale but it also results in low(er) demand. Only those that do the reading and research will find the boards I have available.

3 months later
    #19 8 months ago

Where do you order this?

#20 8 months ago
    Quoted from unlockpinball:

Where do you order this?

unlockpinball I just PM him here on Pinside and he adds me to his monthly to do list.

2 months later
    #21 6 months ago

I'm in for blue/white WPC89

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumbass-reproduction-boards-alternative-colors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.