(Topic ID: 150374)

"Dukes of Hazzard" Custom Pinball

By swinks

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

k40 upgrade (resized).png
    SwinksHC-1.png
    Playfield Diverter Tile.gif
    screen-capture-12 (resized).png
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    IMG_2641 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2640 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2647 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0637 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0634 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1671 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0049 (resized).JPG
    DSC00704 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0045 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0636 (resized).JPG
    screen-capture-36 (resized).png
    There are 268 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 4 years ago
    Quoted from SickNate:

I thought I was smart and original using a truck horn for a knocker. Now that this thread is revived/active I see you thought of it 2 years ago.

yeah would scare the heck out of everyone - would be a great laugh...

#252 4 years ago

the diverter reminds me of road kings.

I really love the idea of a modular game !

#253 4 years ago
    Quoted from wiredoug:

the diverter reminds me of road kings.
    I really love the idea of a modular game !

I have not played that one. I learnt today that Star Trek has a similar diverter on a ramp as does The Shadow which I knew of that one. I will have to look that game up as well out of curiousity...

edit - just looked it up, yes similar idea but this concept will be on the playfield as opposed to a ramp

#254 4 years ago

maybe some kinda seesaw style bridge module too?. nice work

2 months later
    #255 4 years ago

gearing up for a bit of a coronavirus lockdown soon and work is already having us work from home so got the game up to the point of pretty happy with the initial design for Hazzard County.

unique features:
    - green is the playfield level layout and grey are the ramps
    - unique orbit shot is right to left is straight down the left side to a fast feed to the lhs flipper
    - shadow type ball diverter on playfield level which could be converted to a drop in jump mech through the boss hogg poster board or a pop bumper but at the moment liking a ball diverter
    - the lhs ramp returns to the lhs flipper but has a jump feature (bridge is out) and if you don't make it you are bumped into the back of cooters garage in which you can also drive through via a lhs shot, it will also have a gas pump - as you need to keep refueling if you do all this driving
    - it has reverse outlanes like fathom with a difference as it has outlane gates which when activated close - I also want this to be a feature for kids as if they start a game with a kids start button like in ten pin bowling the bumpers go up in the outlanes the gates will close on there turn / game

general rules approach:
    will be similar to jurassic park in that no set features representing scenes from the show / movie rather good old fashioned fun representing the activities of dukes and cooter and helping enos get promoted with completing a silver badge and then a gold badge to make him sheriff - sheriff badge missions will be a little harder and mixed up a little. Game might also be Hazzard County with the only flag being on the car which is optional with or without the flag.

general features from left to right:
    - close to the out lane are 2 targets to activate the detour outlane gates
    - then cooters garage for car up grades and a single drop plus a fuel bowser sling
    - on the left hand side above cooters is a set of 5 drops - Bo, Luke, Jessie, Daisy and Cooter. At the moment the rules will be simply but the game challenging in that there is 6 main missions but you need certain characters for those missions so you need to drop them to continue the modes and you can have a few running but once you knock all the drop down they reset and no modes can be accessed.
    - then right to left orbit
    - then left ramp
    - then Boss Hogg's office / safe shot - don't hit the target in there if the Rosco and Enos targets are hit as the jail bars will lock you up
    - then ball diverter shot - to the left is the around town detour shot and to the right is the boars nest shot
    - either side of the diverter shot is the rosco and enos targets - activate both and they are lit ready either to lock you up if you go into boss hoggs office / safe or if you start a moonshine run the chase is on - lights out - purple night lighting and flashing blue and red police lights for a multiball moonshine run
    - then boars nest is a 3 bank diverter (bar) and one pop (barrel drink table) - bar fight at so many switch activations
    - then the rhs ramp to the right flipper
    - then right to left orbit or a weak shot will feed the boars nest at the top or a weak orbit to the 5 drops
    - then the upper right flipper for shots or for entry to jessie's farm which is also the moonshine still for night time moonshine deliveries once you build up the crates of moonshine - this vuk's the ball to the rhs ramp
    - lastly the 3 target shot for making moonshine ready for a moonshine run

that is the basic game - rules will change but want to test the playfield shots first for now (excluding the ramps at this stage)

click on image for sharper view

SwinksHC-1.pngSwinksHC-1.png

#256 4 years ago

Dream theme been waiting for this one. Can’t wait for the finished product.

#257 4 years ago

Love this. Can’t wait to see more

#258 4 years ago

ironic this thread popped back up. This just popped up in my youtube feed the other day. Love stories like this

#259 4 years ago

went and bought some Birch plywood today - enough for 4 playfields

#261 4 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

went and bought some Birch plywood today - enough for 4 playfields

Sweeet!!

#262 4 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

ironic this thread popped back up. This just popped up in my youtube feed the other day. Love stories like this

a good watch thanks for sharing

#263 4 years ago

Happy to see this project coming back. Look forward to seeing this progress

#264 4 years ago

a slight detour with the dukes project is my laser build which I am ready to build, all parts have arrived and just need to print a few components and cut some aluminium extrusion and assemble - then on to the Dukes. The 40watt laser build will let me cut plastics amongst other things. But while assembling during the day / weekends , night time I will be prepping the 1st version of the playfield for cutting.
    k40 upgrade (resized).pngk40 upgrade (resized).png

1 year later
    #265 2 years ago

Hey Jade, hope you don’t mind, I just wanted to show my custom Dukes pin for some of the guys here that haven’t seen it yet. I’m really proud of it so far, mostly just coding left to do.

https://vimeo.com/607189104?fbclid=IwAR2gWQT9nMSUlFs2oDPoCvOyFq4fwNDRgFdxtv8dZkt7ceUCc1lnEzu4XhU

#266 2 years ago

no worries Danzig , share away, nice work

look forward to a game play video

Jady

#267 2 years ago

Looked at this thread this morning and I've been singing this since A good way to start the week.

#268 2 years ago
    Quoted from Danzig:

Hey Jade, hope you don’t mind, I just wanted to show my custom Dukes pin for some of the guys here that haven’t seen it yet. I’m really proud of it so far, mostly just coding left to do.
    https://vimeo.com/607189104?fbclid=IwAR2gWQT9nMSUlFs2oDPoCvOyFq4fwNDRgFdxtv8dZkt7ceUCc1lnEzu4XhU

Looks amazing, congrats.

There are 268 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dukes-of-hazzard-custom-pinball/page/6?hl=sicknate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.