Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EB42D149-7EA8-4397-8610-F72FC9D18DD3.gif
    064A877C-5FF7-41E6-B735-BD483EA44353 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 7.56.09 AM (resized).png
    2EEB65F8-8B10-459C-98D1-C83469C63D32.gif
    Unbenannt (resized).jpg
    001 (resized).jpg
    002 (resized).jpg
    003 (resized).jpg
    004 (resized).jpg
    005 (resized).jpg
    006 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 4 years ago

I think the login streak is a cool and fun feature and I know MANY people track it. Even those who say they don’t

But I’m not sure how this bug can still be here as I was pretty sure this was fixed once and for all after my extensive troubleshooting with Isochronic_Frost - I also believe this is no longer connected to your timezone but it’s been a while.

Anyways, I’ll take another look at it!

3 weeks later
    #29 4 years ago

I had some time to spend on this issue today and have decided to rewrite the mechanism that calculates login streak.

The way it used to work is that each time you visit the site (as a logged in Pinsider), the system would check when was the last time you visited the site. If that was more than 24 hours, it would reset your streak to 1. If it was less than 24 hours, it would proceed to check if you already got a 1 point streak increase for today. If not, it would increase your streak by one. Theoretically this would work fine, but I assume different timezones were messing things up.

The rewrite of this code introduces a much, much simpler, once-a-day, system job that checks the "last seen" time for all Pinsiders and then increases the login streak by +1 for all who were "seen" in the past 24 hours. Everyone else will have their streak reset to 1.

Hopefully that will solve this once and for all!

I have stopped the old streak counter process and will start the new process tomorrow (24 hours from now).

#32 4 years ago

The current streak will remain. I thought about starting over fresh but honestly, that would kinda suck.

And although I can't fix the past inconsistencies in the scores, which may have lead to some wrong numbers (that would be way too time consuming) - after quickly checking the top 25, the Pinsiders up there are pretty much valid give or take a few days where the system flunked due to timezone differences.

So all the numbers are on pause now and tomorrow at 13:00 (Amsterdam time) everyone who was seen in the past 24 hours (at that time) will get +1. Everyone else will be reset to 1.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dubious-or-stranger-things-going-on-at-pinside-login-streak-ranking?tu=robin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.