• 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Whysnow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5d866d932ed83d2346d6dd9643655173580a7df3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cmack750.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Mine has a nice cab and with the sample topper I would be between 3500 and 4k for mine. Some on here might say that is nuts, but you go find 1 of the 100 samples for sale and one with a bright cabinet. 8 years ago I sold a nice normal cab one for 2500 thought it was the moon then, later learned it sold for even more shortly after.

With a moving Dalek topper, nice cab and wear-free playfield with everything working, I have no doubt you could command that much for it. Sellers market right now.

This is actually a really interesting VS thread, because there are so many different ways to look machines....

For art (backglass, playfield, lighting, cab), FT wins in a landslide. JM would easily be the worst of the 3. That translite is beyond horrible and no nice replacement options exist (and no flashers or non-GI lighting in the backbox either?! Jesus, it was 1995 people!)

For theme, again FT wins. Awesome audio that fits well and playfield/toy design really hammers home the fishing theme. DW would be a close second.... but it's a much less "accessible" theme for a lot of people.

For playability, however, JM really spreads it's flippers. Great shots. Nice flow. Fast as hell. Midnight madness. Glove makes for a good change of pace gimmick and ball placement means something. This would be a runaway.... But it does also have probably the worst video mode ever made, so it just barely beats out DW fir me, with its nice "pick your strategy" options, 3rd flipper, the time expander and the Dalek screaming at you. FT, unfortunately, is an easy last. My favorite video mode, but the boat ramps just consume so much space that it feels very restrictive....and even though the fishing reel is pretty neat, at the end of the day, it's just a ball lock.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cmack750.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drwho-vs-jm-vs-ft?tu=cmack750 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.