Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Nairfy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P4020039 (resized).JPG

#1 1 year ago

Hi I just purchased my first Machine and it’s a Dr.Who it was having issues with the MPF raising so I removed it per Faz’s guide I found and determined it to be a bad gear box I ordered a new gear box and motor and installed them this morning. After I had that working I noticed an opto was out (Switch 73) so I put in the new opto boards I purchased as well but now none of the target optos are working as well as the right ball lock eject is not working and I’m stumped on what is wrong now. Looking for any and all help as this is my first adventure into repairing pinball machines! Thank you all in advance!

#2 1 year ago

Assuming you got the wires all hooked up correctly (double check the wire/color in the manual).

I'm betting there's a break in the common wire or a bad connector.

First see if anything is working.
With the MPF out (sorry) get to the optos. Plug the connector into the game and turn it on. Use your camera to see if the emitters are sending. Remember, they are always on. You should see a purple glow through the camera.

P4020039 (resized).JPG
faz

#3 1 year ago

Thanks for the response Faz I was hoping this would catch your eye. I’ve done this test and get no purple emmision I followed the wiring diagram in the manual and believe I have everything wired correctly but it’s likely I messed something up there. Is there anyway you’d be willing to skype or FaceTime with me at some point in your free time (I’m sure you’re a busy guy) I just learn and can follow instructions better with someone walking me through it.

#4 1 year ago

Glad to facetime with you. Where are you located?
faz

#5 1 year ago

I’m located in Ohio so not too far from you I’m on EST. I’ll pm you my number

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside