Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by pinballinreno
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

upgrade (resized).jpg
Who2 (resized).png
Who1 (resized).png
Who4 (resized).jpg
Who3 (resized).jpg
710x528_29308956_15723358_1571106029 (resized).jpg

#1 4 months ago

I've searched the interwebs and can't seem to find a replacement for the plastic carrier for the five bank opto switches on the Dr. Who MPF. I've found just about every other part. Is this unobtainium? Seems like an easy part to replicate or even upgrade to aluminum or something more rigid. Any help would be great. Mine is extremely warped and after shimming it repeatedly and shrouding in electrical tape I am ready to throw the whole MPF through the window!

#2 4 months ago

I remember having a hard time finding one a while back when I was working in a Who but I was able to salvage the one I had and make it work. Pretty sure they are currently unobtainium. I wonder if it’s something swinks would be able to produce...?

#4 4 months ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

ebay.com link » Bally Dr Who Pinball Machine Time Expander Opto Fix

This isn't a replacement, but rather a unit that fits inside your existing carrier to support it (stop it bending in on itself).

#6 4 months ago

Thanks guys! Not sure the UK link will ship to US. Its giving me an error through the site maybe I'll try calling. FAZ I saw a bunch of your posts on this game. Does that shroud unit work well? Seems like is would completely fix any light leak issues as well?

#7 4 months ago
Quoted from tjprice222:

I remember having a hard time finding one a while back when I was working in a Who but I was able to salvage the one I had and make it work. Pretty sure they are currently unobtainium. I wonder if it’s something swinks would be able to produce...?

this is on my list as have been asked before a few times and took me a while to get a bracket. I will incorporate side strengtheners so they don't warp and light blockers so all into the design - should be up in about a months time

#8 4 months ago
Quoted from TheRave:

Thanks guys! Not sure the UK link will ship to US. Its giving me an error through the site maybe I'll try calling. FAZ I saw a bunch of your posts on this game. Does that shroud unit work well? Seems like is would completely fix any light leak issues as well?

I installed one in my game and have zero issues. Great product.

2 weeks later
#9 4 months ago

I have finished the repro and will then do a light block and straightening fix as well as a modded version with everything in one. These will be straight and have no warping - will release soon.

710x528_29308956_15723358_1571106029 (resized).jpg
#10 4 months ago

Yep trol

#11 4 months ago

Here is the repro MPF opto and target button Channel as well as a spreader / light baffle. I am still yet to design a modded version with the baffles included in the channel bracket design so people don't have to get both items.

The parts can be found here:
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinkswho%3F&sort=newest

The MPF channel is a replica of the original which is laser sintered 3d printed so is solid nylon, and will be stable and highly unlikely to warp.
Who3 (resized).jpg

The Add-on is the spreader / light baffle. Simply line up to determine which 2 screws to temporarily remove from the opto boards and then insert the Spreader / Baffle and then re-install 2 of the screws again. This item will rectifier any warping by straightening your. The advantage with this design is you can still see into the channel to check things are working while removing the warp.
Who4 (resized).jpg

here is the 2 items and target buttons assembled to give you a better idea.
Who1 (resized).png
Who2 (resized).png

#12 4 months ago

for anyone that needs or wants a MPF sensor & mushroom target bracket (replica or upgraded or insert) you can head here.

the upgraded version has the light baffles and spreaders built all into one.

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinkswho%3F&sort=newest

the first one pictured is red (just wanted it to stand out) but there is a selection of colours - unfortunately I have no control over the printing costs especially for the black

upgrade (resized).jpg
#13 4 months ago
Quoted from TheRave:

I've searched the interwebs and can't seem to find a replacement for the plastic carrier for the five bank opto switches on the Dr. Who MPF. I've found just about every other part. Is this unobtainium? Seems like an easy part to replicate or even upgrade to aluminum or something more rigid. Any help would be great. Mine is extremely warped and after shimming it repeatedly and shrouding in electrical tape I am ready to throw the whole MPF through the window!

Marco has it in stock.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
£ 99.00
$ 11.00
Boards
PCB Emporium

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside