6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 115 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by kevmbami
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 24 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-105.jpg
    IMG_1474.JPG
    IMG_1452.JPG
    image-262.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_0223.JPG
    photo.JPG
    image.jpg
    WinchesterPinball.jpg
    Photo_1.jpg
    photo.JPG
    tilt.jpg
    sign.jpg
    drunkgiraffe.jpeg
    image-849.jpg
    image-423.jpg

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

That's not drinking, the alcohol content is like 3% in those.

Thats what I plan to tell the officer.

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

Thats what I plan to tell the officer.

lol, just saying, you could have a six pack of hopslam or something, that would be intense pinball.

#53 6 years ago

tonight is Bell's Two-Hearted Ale and Dogfish Head's Palo Santo Marron.

#54 6 years ago

lol, just saying, you could have a six pack of hopslam or something, that would be intense pinball.

Down here you can't even buy a six pack of hop slam limited to one bottle per person as the liquor stores are pretty much limited to 1 case per year

#55 6 years ago

A party store near me was sold to new owners, they changed the price on their Hopslam to $7 a six pack. Lets just say, a few people blacked out, that labor day weekend, when I brought 7 six packs of Hopslam to northern Michigan.

Partier- "This stuff is a bit stronger than Bush Light...right?" Me- Yes, be careful.

#56 6 years ago

It's policy...

sign.jpg
    #57 6 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

It's policy...

sign.jpg 184 KB

Awesome man, I totally want one of those, but the printer accidentally put "no" to all the fun stuff, better get a partial refund

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

A party store near me was sold to new owners, they changed the price on their Hopslam to $7 a six pack. Lets just say, a few people blacked out, that labor day weekend, when I brought 7 six packs of Hopslam to northern Michigan.
    Partier- "This stuff is a bit stronger than Bush Light...right?" Me- Yes, be careful.

nah, have six, then we'll see what kind of man you are. lol. They go down so easy, deceiving and delicious.

#59 6 years ago

nah, have six, then we'll see what kind of man you are. lol. They go down so easy, deceiving and delicious.

I drank more than six, I was the same man, just a drunk.

#60 6 years ago

That's not drinking, the alcohol content is like 3% in those.

Was gonna say, four of those isn't even a warm-up!

#61 6 years ago

Booze + Pinball = Tilt

tilt.jpg

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sheprd:

Booze + Pinball = Tilt

tilt.jpg 193 KB

Thats one way to stay awake during a hangover. Ouch.

2 weeks later
    #63 6 years ago

A tasty 12% beer and pinball tonight = Awesome

photo.JPG
    #64 6 years ago

I think this would be faster if you asked who plays sober?

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I think this would be faster if you asked who plays sober?

Yeah i agree xD

#66 6 years ago

I have played sober on several occasions. My hands were too shaky!

#67 6 years ago

Not sure if this has anything much to do with drinking & pinball but... was it just me... or whenever I had a girl over (in my dating days) no matter how straight laced/down to earth/normal/nerdy/church going/girl next door/pastors daughter/bar chick/friend since grade school.... they pretty much always brought up the idea of getting "personal" on the pinball machine??

#68 6 years ago

ZOMG a Abby Quad so tasty Oh i think i get my best scores when i'm drunk

Photo_1.jpg
    #69 6 years ago
    Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

ZOMG a Abby Quad so tasty Oh i think i get my best scores when i'm drunk

Photo_1.jpg 79 KB

Everyone thinks they do.

#70 6 years ago

What's wrong with you PISSHEADS!
    Ha ha ha, as long as u r having fun, it is all good.

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

What's wrong with you PISSHEADS!
    Ha ha ha, as long as u r having fun, it is all good.

What the hell does that mean?

#72 6 years ago

ok I was expecting to see a 3D wave warped playfield where the ball wobbles around like its drunk but NOOOO!
    no out of control variable voltage pop bumpers that hit wimpy or outrageously hard at whim, no drop targets that wiggle but near refuse to fall down, where is the pinball machine that plays like its friggin drunk? why not a gimballed playfield with a 20-40 RPM gear motor making the whole thing lean left and right 3/4 inch, angled to level front to back at variable rates? I dont think the ball would ever be capable of walking a straight line.
    what if the flipper mechanisms were made to be constantly rotating 10 degrees up-down instead of solidly affixed?
    what if the flipper mechanisms had unpredictable at whim variable voltage like pop bumpers mentioned above too?
    skillshot that one, I dare ya!
    a bottle opener cap drop coin mechanism could be interesting, only accepting caps for credits?
    "swimming" LCD backglass art, like room spin or vertical rolling you might see when you've really had too much to drink. beer goggle mode where a two magically transforms into a desirable nine? red-blue strobing light DUI mode? playfield roll rates progressively controlled by how many drinks targets or goals? drunken master brawl mode where all the playfield tilting and flipper rotating stops, with everything hitting at maximum strength for 20-30 seconds? could a cluster of pop bumpers mount to a lazy susan bearing so they rotate left and right some 20-30 degrees? ramps with entrys that move up and down at variable speeds like drawbridges? what if slingshots were to variably change angle 4-5 degrees independantly at different rates, wouldnt that mess with your head a bit?
    "Drunk Pinball" might be a fun title if it had stuff like that going on.

#73 6 years ago

What the hell does that mean?

Exactly what is says?

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

ok I was expecting to see a 3D wave warped playfield where the ball wobbles around like its drunk but NOOOO!

This video contains games , somewhat like you were thinking.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152392373970984&l=5965101637082481912

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

Exactly what is says?

pissheads? Is that some slang, because that's pretty derogatory here.

#76 6 years ago

It's Aussie slang for guys that drink/guzzle tons of beer.
    While I'm at it oldskool, where in W.A. are you? I agree with you, I love my state of W.A.

#77 6 years ago

pissheads? Is that some slang, because that's pretty derogatory here.

I just thought that he was trying to call us awesome, because we are.

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hyperball91:

It's Aussie slang for guys that drink/guzzle tons of beer.
    While I'm at it oldskool, where in W.A. are you? I agree with you, I love my state of W.A.

Perth mate. You an expat? If you are, you must love the pinny seen in yank land.
    Thanks for explaining PISSHEADS too. I forget the world is a small place.

#79 6 years ago

https://img-f.pinside.com/201403/1507782/201370.jpg

Am I reading this right?....

No Gambling
    No Swearing
    No Smoking
    No NOT Drinking

#80 6 years ago

oldskool, no probs, and yes I am, been here just over 5 years now. Grew up in Exmouth but lived in Perth from 89 to 08. Last place was Gidge up in the hills. I haven't actually seen any pinnies here yet, but I hope to meet some friendly owners soon with machines I can play. I haven't seen a real pin since the late 90's. Been a while...
    I see you have 10 machines in your collection. Wow, wish I was in Perth right now to come and visit you! You have a High Hand in your collection. Where'd you get that? I used to have one years ago that was a fixer upper. Was in a sad state. Sold it to Rory in Ozzy Park who used to restore pinnies and put a lot of them on site in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly restaurants. Maybe you have my old one after Rory restored it? Who knows? lol. If you ever come across a Card Whiz with red powder coated legs... that one used to be mine. Cheers, Mal

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from malibumaven:

https://img-f.pinside.com/201403/1507782/201370.jpg
    Am I reading this right?....
    No Gambling
    No Swearing
    No Smoking
    No NOT Drinking

Yep, that's why I said it (drunk pinball) was policy.

At least it wasn't too subtle for everyone...

#82 6 years ago

I haven't read any of this thread. All I'm going to say is that I was completely hammered during the TPF finals after I got 2nd in EM A div...did not give a single crap after that for the rest of the day, started drinking. Bam.

#83 6 years ago

I very rarely play pinball sober. Alcohol and other mind altering substances go great with pin.

#84 6 years ago

My plan for the apocalypse...
    WinchesterPinball.jpg

#85 6 years ago

tried it in competitive play and it wasnt pretty. should probably be more descriptive in those government warning labels that alcohol may "impair your ability to operate machinery - such as pinball machines."

#86 6 years ago

I remember back in the 1990s when I lived in West Lafayette, I'd go to Tuesday Comedy Caravan at Nick's on the Levee and have Long Islands for $1.75 each. Then on the way walking back to my apartment, well, there was the Levee Laundromat right there, open 24 hours, with nearly a score of pins...

I did manage to get 20M (and a high score) on Earthshaker there one time, where I had had 4 Long Islands and couldn't really shake the machine at all for fear that I'd fall off the stool I was sitting on.

1 week later
    #87 5 years ago

I brewed a barley wine beer tasty.

image.jpg
    2 weeks later
    #88 5 years ago

had to add this to this thread too Its drunk pinball time

photo.JPG

#89 5 years ago
    Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

I brewed a barley wine beer tasty.

Nice !

4 weeks later
    #90 5 years ago

More drunk pinball and rip ozzy beer dame you ozzy

IMG_0223.JPG
    #91 5 years ago

Drinking and playing pinball go great together. Local bar has a TZ and we have a set of "house rules" that involve drinking. Drink when you lock a ball. Loser buys shots. Our annual tournament gets pretty blurry.

During competition I have to have a couple beers in me or I am just a nervous wreck.

#92 5 years ago

The two go hand-in-hand for me. I pretty much always drink while I'm playing. I'm going to CAX in July, and I'll be nice and loose before I head downstairs to the game room. If you see me, say hello. I'll be the guy who thinks he's handsome and wants to start a business with you.

#93 5 years ago

It's like drinking and having the liquid courage to commit to something on Pinside for sale/trade. You know who you are .

#94 5 years ago

I tend to get progressively drunker at my league. I also tend to overdrink at home playing. There is definitely a window where you play best... I have yet to learn to stop there. I have learned that my analysis skills when working on our collection of "dead" machines also declines when I drink to champion levels. Suddenly I forget how electricity works in general.

#95 5 years ago

For some reason I was expecting videos of everyone slurring/drooling while playing pinball in this thread?
    Only half drunk, but working on a good buzz in this clip with my brother having a go on Taxi:

I have footage of us playing when we're totally hammered, but I think I'll keep that on the down-low. Just a tad embarrassing.

Post edited by SPeD66: grammar

#96 5 years ago

yeah, I'm really not sure why the topic has a question mark at the end?

that's a statement or an exclamation!

2 weeks later
    #97 5 years ago

My new fave beer mmmm

image-262.jpg image.jpg
    #98 5 years ago

Why cupholders bolted to the leg mounts were invented....

#99 5 years ago

bwahaha.. drunk pinball..

#100 5 years ago

Hay, Alcohol is a drug! In before the lock, DUH!!!
    If you close one thread for talking about a drug and not the other you should be banned from Pinside, lol.
    Light en up Francis!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 42.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Plastics
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 110.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 52.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 9,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside