Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by GRUMPY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

A few months back I picked up a Jokerz which was in okay shape. It was a bit dirty and had never been completely disassembled so I took it completely apart, top and bottom, and did a deep cleaning "shop" job. It is now back together and playing great with 2 exceptions:

Problem 1
The drop targets don't always reset on a new game and don't always register that the entire bank has been hit. All the optos seems to work fine when I test them and all the drops register correctly during game play. However, on a new game, new ball, or new player, they don't always reset. Example behavior:

New game: If all the targets are up then all the targets work fine.
New game: say 2 targets in the right bank are down. They don't come up on the new game. Knocking the last target in the bank does not cause the bank to reset.
New ball: say 3 targets in the right bank are down. They stay that way until ???. I don't really know what ??? is but something happens where the targets register and the bank pops back up.

I noticed this behavior before I started my shop job so I know it isn't something I did. Also, I'd say the banks works most of the time. The problem occurs maybe 25% of the games. Any thoughts on how to diagnosis and fix?

Problem 2
When I press the flipper buttons two of the flashers light up. The flashers also light up when they are supposed to normally. When I got the game all the flashers on the playfield had 6.3V LED bulbs. They all worked and they did NOT light up when the flipper buttons were pressed.

I am a bit confused on the 6.3V vs 12V bulbs. When I was reassembling the game I tried 12V flasher LEDs but most of them did not work. So I put in in 6.3V LED bulbs and they worked and I didn't notice the flipper issue at the time. I don't think my 12V LED bulbs are rectified. So I'm guessing that is why they didn't work the first time and I just need to try again; reversing them if they don't work. Will this fix the problem where the flashers light up when the flippers are pressed?

(I checked the schematics and it says the flashers are powered by 25V. It doesn't specific AC or DC but I assume AC).

#2 9 years ago

bump

#3 9 years ago

The power for the flashers is DC voltage. For the 12 volt LEDs to work you must have positive voltage at the center pin of the socket. For incandescent bulbs it doesn't matter, so the factory wired them any way they felt like. If you read positive voltage on the outer case of the socket you must swap the wires. The 6.3 volt LEDs are for the GI circuits which are AC voltage.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drops-dont-always-reset-flasher-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.