Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by gjm
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Towel (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TwilightZone.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

I'm an EM novice. I've adjust switches, shopped games, replaced rubbers, changed coils, etc. Very basic stuff.

Long story short, I dropped a spring in the cabinet of a Fireball EM while working on the game. I've spent hours looking for the spring and cann't find it.

I'm now honestly afraid to turn on the game.

I see the playfield is only attached with one jones plug. Can I remove the playfield, turn on the game and press start with the playfield out?

I was thinking if I remove the playfield, I can first give it another good look to see if I can find the spring. Failing that, if I can start a game with the playfield out, I can see if there is an issue and quickly turn off.

That's my idea at this point. Good idea? Not good idea? Very interested to hear from a more experienced EM tech

#6 1 year ago

Thanks for the suggestions. I should have mentioned I used a magnet to check under the board and found another spring. LOL. Not the one I dropped. I know as it was red and mine was silver.

I'll try your approach, @jukester. Thanks. I'll also see how many plugs there are. Might still remove the playfield as well.

If this leads to nothing, I'll be doing the Vegas approach, roll the dice, and pray when I turn it on.

Maybe a dumb question, can I leave the playfield out and unplugged (from jones connectors) then turn the game on, press start and see? If all is good at this point, then attach playfield and try again?

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from Garrett:

I've done it with Gottlieb's. don't see why you can't with Bally.

Thanks, I've seen it done w/ Gottliebs as well which gave me the idea, but thought I should ask. I'm far from an EM expert so wanted to make sure this won't cause any issues.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TwilightZone.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dropped-a-spring-in-fireball-em?tu=TwilightZone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.