New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 276468)

Drop Targets Won’t Reset In Game

By Krupps4

58 days ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 days ago by Krupps4
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5FC1AFC8-97F0-4061-BFF7-5787CDC05771 (resized).jpeg
    5DD70452-8915-4233-865D-13D9493CF470 (resized).jpeg
    22BBC21E-5528-423C-A807-0D28C912C3A0 (resized).jpeg
    023E6413-A146-4295-A62C-47A73622C26F (resized).jpeg
    477A2D30-2CF7-44D0-A2E3-9357BA51C551 (resized).jpeg

#1 58 days ago

Hi everyone. I just cleaned the drop target mech and installed new drop targets in one of the drop target banks of my Seawitch. The targets reset as they should when you start a new game and when you start a new ball. They WON’T reset while a ball is in play after you clear the target bank. I can’t figure out what I could have done cleaning the mech and installing new targets to cause that issue. Any thoughts are much appreciated! Thank you.

477A2D30-2CF7-44D0-A2E3-9357BA51C551 (resized).jpeg
    #2 58 days ago

Make sure all the targets score as they drop. Sounds like one of the switches is out.

#3 58 days ago
    Quoted from slochar:

Make sure all the targets score as they drop. Sounds like one of the switches is out.

Thank you. I will check that. I didn’t think to check the score, only if they dropped and reset. If a switch is out, is it a fuse issue?

#4 58 days ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

If a switch is out, is it a fuse issue?

Most likely switch adjustment needed, but visually check for wire issues on the switch. Often a wire has fallen off.

#5 57 days ago

I’ll take a look everyone. Thank you. If I can’t figure it out, I’ll post a few pics for your further analysis!

#6 57 days ago

I had this exact problem recently. Cleaned the drop targets, installed new ones, put it back in the machine and they wouldn't reset. I had unsoldered the solenoid to do this. What it ended up being is I had my solenoid wired backwards when I put it back in.

I should also add one of the wires came unsoldered from one of the drop target switches. I think I soldered this back on thinking it would fix the issue and it didn't but I may have fixed both issues at the same time and I'm just not remembering correctly.

1 week later
    #7 48 days ago

So, I’m finally getting around to the drop target issue. I checked the three drop targets to see if they all score per the suggestion by slochar. Only the target on the left scores. The middle target and the right target do not. I did a visual inspection and don’t see any loose or missing wires on the switches, etc. per the suggestion of thelaw. However, I do see a stray wire, but I don’t think it’s for the drop target mech. Maybe I’m wrong... In fact, I can’t remember if it was there before or not. I attached a few pics of the drop target mech, switches and the stray wire. Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thank you.

023E6413-A146-4295-A62C-47A73622C26F (resized).jpeg22BBC21E-5528-423C-A807-0D28C912C3A0 (resized).jpeg5DD70452-8915-4233-865D-13D9493CF470 (resized).jpeg
    3 weeks later
    #8 27 days ago

Did you get this fixed? it looks like those two switches (the middle and right) are missing a wire.
    Are those the ones not registering?

#9 27 days ago

I didn’t get it fixed but it’s been on my to do list. You are correct. It’s the middle and right switch that aren’t registering. I’m assuming it’s the black wire that is loose that you see in the pic? That’s dr_spidey

#10 27 days ago

To be clear, it’s the middle and right target when looking at the drop target from the playfield level. So, it would be the left and middle targets that you see under the playfield in the pics that aren’t registering.

#11 27 days ago

Each drop target has a switch that registers if it's up or down
    there should be 2 wires on each one

can you get a better picture of the switches from underneath?

It's switch 38 & 39

#12 27 days ago

Here is a better pic. Thank you for the help. I appreciate it.

5FC1AFC8-97F0-4061-BFF7-5787CDC05771 (resized).jpeg
    #13 27 days ago

Looks like the wires are all there

Was it all working before you did what you did?

Try cleaning the gap in the switches with a dollar bill
    Also try just manually closing the switches to see if there is continuity

#14 27 days ago

It was working before a disassembled, cleaned and replaced the drop targets. I was planning to clean the switches themselves. I had an issue with a roll over target and running a business card between the switch did the trick. I’ll get back to you once I try your suggestions. Thank you again.

#15 26 days ago

Best way to clean the switch is with a dollar bill. Don’t use anything abrasive

The switch is not making contact. So either it’s dirty or you will need to adjust the height a little bit.

There’s A small chance the diode went bad, but I doubt that’s the problem if it was working before.

#16 26 days ago

Got it. I’ll take all your advice and let you know how it turns out. Honestly, I think the entire pin needs a bit of a cleaning. I picked it up a couple of months ago. I’ll just clean all the switches while I am at it. Thank you again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D Tech. Pinball Parts
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 32.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Protection
    SilverBall Designs
    $ 199.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 279.00
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.00
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 7,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 85.00
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 85.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside