5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Kaytrox
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

58C8C103-731D-416C-8E29-EE60581BA43C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 5 months ago
    Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

What about the drops on this fella?[quoted image]

What about them? I've owned a Crescendo for 4 years. I've never had any issues with them that couldn't be fixed just like any other drop target. Fun fact, that was the first game for Gottlieb that had drop targets. Haven't even touched them in 3 years, still work fine. It doesn't get a ton of play, other than being at TPF twice.

(oh, I can't see who you quoted...lol..)

#12 5 months ago
    Quoted from Kaytrox:

without setting of the tilt mechanism

That's a great way to screw yourself over from improving your skills. Can't tell you how many years it took me to adjust to having to deal with tilts on location or in tournaments because my wife insisted on not having a tilt set at home. It sucks. You don't have to set it super tight, but don't remove it entirely. If the designers intended for you to slide the machine 8 feet every time you play the game, they would come with teflon feet on the legs.

#25 5 months ago
    Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

I was wondering what people on here thought about the layout of the drops on Crescendo, not their durability. It looks like a fun game when all 5 pop bumpers are functioning at their best.
    I had a chance to buy a nice looking one that came up on Craigslist for $325 but they sold it to the first guy who called. I was hoping he passed on it but he grabbed it. Just missed.

I like it a LOT, but the lack of active slings and inlanes on the bottom is going to turn a lot of people off. It's pretty unique in that it's definitely an EM where you can live catch and trap the ball that way. The side shots that hook around ARE actually shootable from the bottom, and it's really much preferred to try and hit them for a lit flower to get up top and back in the top pops than shooting through those posts.

The only major flaw with the game as I see it is really that it NEEDS super bouncy white non-silicone rubber by the bottom pops or it's an instant drain, and also the flower value carries over from player to player. I want to stick one of those randomizer spinners from another EM into the circuit for the flower value advance, and tie it to those side loop shots. The difference between 10 points a target and 500 points a target is crazy. There's needs to be something to randomize it at the start of a ball as well as give players some bonus for shooting those sides other than just a lit flower. Having that thing move 5+ steps up would be a huge incentive to make those more skilled shots.

*Edit* I should mention my playfield is cleared and I use a Glo-ball....it's SUPER fast at times...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 149.00
    $ 218.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    $ 65.00
    $ 248.85
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 34.50
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    The MOD Couple
    $ 17.00
    $ 99.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.50
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 129.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 29.50
    Boards
    Pinball Haus
    $ 65.00
    Texas Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside