Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pinzrfun
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Happy Friday everyone - got a Space Station last week and it's been playing fine - now when a new game or ball starts, the drop target reset coil fires 5 or 6 times almost every game. I thought maybe a switch was adjusted a little too close so I popped the hood and they aren't mechanical switches, they're optos. What could be causing the coil to fire like that?

#2 6 years ago

Game doesn't know the drop targets are up so it keeps trying. Drop target switch - even if it's an opto.

Reseat the connectors first, then dig deeper.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

Thank you Lloyd! I'll report back!

#4 6 years ago

Well 1J8 was very hard to get off, the pins looked a little green so I wire brushed them up. 1J10 seemed ok. I played a half dozen quick games, they're still resetting though maybe not as often. Oddly now the U S A rollover switches aren't working - I'll have to look at that tow tomorrow and see if anything g else on there is out -

#5 6 years ago

Replaced the connector at 1J8 which fixed some intermittent switch malfunctions. Drop targets are still resetting sporadically. Removed the assy, cleaned the optos and connections to no avail. Not sure where to go next. The space station sporadically keeps going around and around too. Cleaned those optos too bit didn't help.

#6 6 years ago

Any more ideas where to go for drop targets that want to keep resetting I'm all ears -

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drop-targets-trying-to-reset and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.