• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by creepykenny
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Stars Stern Electronics, 1978

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wdennie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 1 year ago

how are you drop springs mounted?
can you post a pic of the mechanizem?

#9 1 year ago

do you have 2 sets of holes for the bottom of the springs, looks kind of close to the base of the target?
the spring is what help's pull the top of the target onto the ledge, that hold up the targets.
Also make sure there's nothing down on the ledge that might not let the targets set.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

All of what the others said, for sure.
It is kind of hard to tell from the pictures but maybe your drop target cage assemblies are mis-located. I have had to relocate several parts on my different Sterns to learn and understand that these machine were not built using standards of high quality and close tolerances. There is/was a lot of sloppy manufacturing.
That said, It is difficult to tell from your pictures, but it looks like the fronts of the targets are riding, or contacting, the play field surface. There should be a gap, at least a little bit of gap between the targets and the edge of the cutout. If there is no gap and the targets are riding then there is possibility they are not resetting properly.
It is a long shot, but as I said, in your pics, it looks like the targets are riding the edge of the cutout. If that turns out to be the situation then you will need to relocate your drop targets assemblies 1/16" or so.

It is a long shot, but as I said, in your pics, it looks like the targets are riding the edge of the cutout. If that turns out to be the situation then you will need to relocate your drop targets assemblies 1/16" or so.

agree' looks to close to the wood.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 19.95
$ 279.95
$ 169.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wdennie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside