View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
#1 8 years ago

Just replaced drops in gold strike and it seems the unlit ones are not scoring. Checked all switches on drop back and all ok. Checked relays associated with them too. Seems the lit ones score the 500 no problem but the unlit ones do nothing. Here's a section of schematic if someone can help. Thanks

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2 8 years ago

If you activate the 'C' relay manually, does it score?

Did any of the bridge wires among the drop target switches break?

#3 8 years ago

Manually activated C relay and nothing happens

#4 8 years ago

Does 'C' activate when an unlit drop target is hit?

A switch closing on 'C' probably feeds into either the 'M' or 'L' relay, but you don't have that part of the schematic shown. There's also probably another switch in the path (maybe on 'E'). So check on the schematic to see where a switch on 'C' feeds into the points relays, and check the switches in that path.

#5 8 years ago

No nothing happens when I hit an unlit drop. I have it now if I manually activate C relay it locks on. But still nothing from any unlit drop target. Here's a section of the C relay.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Spanishsilver:

Here's a section of the C relay.

yes, that section was already pictured. Need the section with the points relays (M, N, L).

But if 'C' doesn't activate when a drop target is hit, then either that normally closed switch on 'D' is dirty or open, or one of the bridges wires that connect all the drop target switches is broken (which is on the backside of the target bank, where all the switches are).

#7 8 years ago

Here ya go sorry.

#8 8 years ago

right, so it's just a switch on 'C' that closes to activate the 'M' relay, in conjunction with the score motor running and a switch at score motor 1A pulsing closed five times.

So a drop target switch closes, activates C; C locks on, score motor runs, score motor 1A pulses closed five times and M energizes five times for the score.

If you manually close C, it should lock on and the score motor should run, and get the score.

If you hit an unlit drop target, C should energize.

If neither of those are happening, then there are two separate issues (one to activate C with a drop target switch, and the other to score the points when C is energized).

So those are the switches and paths to check.

#9 8 years ago

Ok I have it where if a drop is activated the a relay activates on its own. So the problem lies between C relay and M relay I believe.

#10 8 years ago

For completeness, there's also a jones plug in that path, and don't forget the switch on 'C' itself.

#11 8 years ago

Had a chance to look again. It appears one of the switches on C relay was not gapped just right. Thamks for all the help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.