• 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by wayner
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190623_113701 (resized).jpg
20190623_113706 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timab2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Still working on my Capt Fantastic and I can not seem to get the drop targets set correctly.

When they are dropped, they pass under the switch too fast and will not score. You can see it sparking the switch, but it happens too fast for everything else to respond. If you touch each switch it will score, or if you manually move the target down slowly it will score.

I have tried changing the springs, readjusting the switches, in, out, closer together, repositioning the unit itself, I can't seem to figure out what the heck is going on.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

20190623_113701 (resized).jpg20190623_113701 (resized).jpg20190623_113706 (resized).jpg20190623_113706 (resized).jpg
#3 4 years ago

I think you may be misunderstood what is happening.

The 500 will score for each target, if the target would move passed the switch slowly. If the target drops at normal speed, it makes the connection at the switch pictured above, but does not stay closed long enough to score the 500. It moves thru the switch it too fast.

When this happens I can see the 500 point relay try to make the scoring happen but cant do it fast enough or it is just not pulling in enough to score the points.

#7 4 years ago

Ok well after doing some looking I found the the #10 switch stack on the scoring motor was messed up.

The switch was actually ok, but the round wheel that has the the notches and raised up areas that, open and close the switches, was stopping on the raised up high notch opening the switches, they are supposed to be close.

There seems to be some back and forth play with the wheel, so when I moved the wheel so the switches were closed, it started scoring the drop targets as they drop. Now my concern is the "slop" with the wheel. Can it be tighten up somehow?

#9 4 years ago

I have worked out a lot of the issues with the game thanks to a fellow Pinsider, "Cheddar" He really helped me out a lot and the game seems to be playing well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.50
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

1,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlottesville, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timab2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drop-targets-drop-too-fast-to-score?tu=timab2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.