(Topic ID: 64117)

Drop Targets: Are there ever banks of 1 or 2?

By mof

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by BobC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I'm just wondering if drop target banks have ever appeared in banks of 1 or 2?

thanks!
    -mof

#2 10 years ago

Comet has a single "Dunk the Dummy" drop target

#3 10 years ago

Seen lots of games with a single.

#4 10 years ago

Inline drop targets are sort of banks of 1. Centaur, Fathom, Frontier, and Metallica have those.

Individual drop targets appear in front of a ramp in a couple games. Space Shuttle and Sopranos come to mind.

Diamond Lady has the weirdest drop target I know of: a backwards facing one between the flippers...

That's a start, right...

#5 10 years ago

shadow has single target before you can get to battlefield

#6 10 years ago

I've never seen the underside of a Flight 2000 playfield, but based on the way the 1 thru 5 targets work, I would say those could be considered 1 bank drop targets if they each have they're own solenoid like I suspect they do.

-Steve Ridge
    Louisville, KY

#7 10 years ago

Whirlwind has a single drop target as well.

-Steve Ridge
    Louisville, KY

#8 10 years ago

Singles are not rare at all. Recently, WOZ and BDK have one. Banks of 2 would seem to be rarer.

#9 10 years ago

Sinbad has 1, 2, 3, and 4

#10 10 years ago

SR likes 1 banks. NF, new ST, STTNG, Terminators have them also?

#11 10 years ago

Class of 1812 has a bank of drop targets then a row of stationary behind them.....

#12 10 years ago

Tri zone has 4 single drop target banks. Other singles that come to mind, space shuttle, comet, t2, fish tales

#13 10 years ago

Joker Poker has banks ranging from 1 to 5 for 10 through Aces

Centaur has 2 split banks of 2 for OR BS

#14 10 years ago

Double post

#15 10 years ago

BSD has a single one you have to work through for video mode.

#16 10 years ago

Raven has 4 single that go up and down in sniper mode

#17 10 years ago

Laser Ball has a bank of 2 (L-A), a bank of 3 (S-E-R), and a bank of 4 (B-A-L-L).

#18 10 years ago

Elektra space invaders and flash gordon do as well

#20 10 years ago

I can't believe no one has mentioned AFM! It's bright red, right in the middle.

#22 10 years ago

Raven, Cactus Canyon and 24 all have multiple single drops on the playfield.

#23 10 years ago

Eight Ball Deluxe - <roboticy sounding voice>Shoot for 8 Ball</roboticy sounding voice>

#24 10 years ago

T2 has a single drop target under the Chrome Skull.

RM

#25 10 years ago

Indiana Jones has a single drop target in front of the captive ball.

#26 10 years ago

Monopoly has the cop single drop target. "...I'm too young to go to jail."

#27 10 years ago

Honey and Palooka have singles. Honey has three.

#29 10 years ago

Would single drop targets in a row count? I'm thinking of Fathom with the two ball locks that pop up the three single drop targets one behind the other behind the other and you have to drop all three to release the locked ball. I know there are other machines with this kind of setup.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from Finrod:

Would single drop targets in a row count?

That's what people mean when you hear "inline drop targets." Common in older games, and brought back for Metallica. A great touch IMO.

#31 10 years ago

Cyclone from 1988 has single drop target blocking access to the spook house.

#32 10 years ago

woz

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drop-targets-are-there-ever-banks-of-1-or-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.