Some info I received in my email...
I am excited to announce that long-time friend Jon Chad and I are launching our Kickstarter campaign to release a print collection of the pinball zines we made, into a book titled the Drop Target Omnibus.
In 2010, Jon and I became obsessed with pinball. We took this energy and channelled it into a self-published, illustrated zine, Drop Target. Over the next five years we put out seven issues, which each centered around a theme: Introduction, D.I.Y., Classics, Moves, Community, Design and Future.
Each issue contains a number of Drop Target’s regular features:
• From Zeros to Heroes - Autobiographical comics about Jon and Alec’s experiences getting involved with the pinball community.
• Dream Machines - Jon, Alec and a special guest artist drew original pinball playfields and back glasses, and then created a ruleset for these imaginary pinball machines!
• Replay Reviews - A deep breakdown of the ruleset of a game, with accompanying illustrations. The goal is to help players get a replay, when they come across these machines!
• Special When LITerature - Reviews of books, articles or zines about pinball!
• Video Mode - Reviews of movies, documentaries and online videos about pinball!
• Pinhalls - Reviews of excellent places to play pinball around the United States of America!
• Tilt Talk - Interviews with key pinball community members including world championship players, professional pinball designers and artists, tournament organizers, entrepreneurs, etc.
• Bang Backs - A feature focusing on people who are bringing the “dying” art of pinball into the 21st century and breathing new life into it using new forms of technology.
The Drop Target Omnibus will bring together all seven issues of the Drop Target Zine, as well as 100+ pages of bonus material, including new comics, illustrations, Dream Machines, interviews and more! We’re hoping to raise $2,870 to fund our first print run. The campaign ends on December 1st and we’re grateful for any help you could extend to help us reach our goal, either by contributing or helping us out by sharing a link and spreading the word. More details about the Kickstarter campaign can be found here: