Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0464 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0548 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0538 (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

The drop targets correctly score and drop correctly but there are no chimes. The top roll over targets sometimes have a chime other times not. The chimes work fine on the pop bumpers and all other score areas on the playfield. Also the lights for the 100,000 to 1M do not work. I have includes some shots from the Lucky hand schematic. Thanks in advance to anyone that can get me headed in the right direction to figure this out. Just a note, this is a complete rebuild of a machine that was brought back from almost dead and I have about a 100 hours in going through the entire machine and sand and repainting the box.

IMG_0464 (resized).jpegIMG_0464 (resized).jpegIMG_0538 (resized).jpegIMG_0538 (resized).jpegIMG_0547 (resized).jpegIMG_0547 (resized).jpegIMG_0548 (resized).jpegIMG_0548 (resized).jpeg
#2 2 years ago

Maybe you know or don’t, but Lucky Hand has a novelty mode. When set in novelty is when the 100,000 to 1,000,000 will light.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

Maybe you know or don’t, but Lucky Hand has a novelty mode. When set in novelty is when the 100,000 to 1,000,000 will light.

Thank you I once knew that but forgot about it, I will change the jones plug in the head to check it.

#4 2 years ago

One small correction, the 100,000 light is controlled by its own relay (JX) so it will light in regular mode. All the other lights (200K - 1M) only come on during novelty mode. The JX relay is in the backbox.

For the top rollovers, the first time you go over them, they will score 5000-points, their light will turn off, and their corresponding 1110 lane will light on the PF. Anytime you go over them after that, they will score 500-points. Either of the scoring sequences working?

#5 2 years ago

Thank you, yes the scoring is correct in either lighted or unlighted mode. I did check the contacts on the bottom of the roll over switches and they seem to be correct. I will check the points in the JX relay tomorrow morning.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Peruman:

One small correction, the 100,000 light is controlled by its own relay (JX) so it will light in regular mode. All the other lights (200K - 1M) only come on during novelty mode. The JX relay is in the backbox.
For the top rollovers, the first time you go over them, they will score 5000-points, their light will turn off, and their corresponding 1110 lane will light on the PF. Anytime you go over them after that, they will score 500-points. Either of the scoring sequences working?

Turns out the switch stack on the 1000 point 'L" relay was missing a screw. Thanks

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from CardTrix70:

Turns out the switch stack on the 1000 point 'L" relay was missing a screw. Thanks

Great, glad you got it fixed. When tightening those switch stack screws tighten the one closest to the blade first. Always good to check those screws first if you need to adjust a switch. Great game, enjoy!

2 months later
#8 1 year ago

I just purchased a Lucky Hand and after 2 weeks, I finally went over 200,000. When I noticed the 100,000 light didn't change to 200,000 I thought something was wrong. I actually cleared the 300,000 and the light still didn't change from the 100,000. One of the reasons I purchased this is having an EM that displays when you pass 99,999. I looked at the schematic and saw the same thing described above. So the statement the lights only change in Novelty mode, and not when you can win the free balls is true? This has to be the most bizarre code I've ever seen on a PIN. So you can either select to win free balls with the WOW functionality and not have your true score displayed, or you can't win free balls and the score will display the 200k to 1,000,000???!!! Do I have this right? Why would they even think you'll score over 200,000 of up to a million without winning free balls???!!! If true, I'll call this a failure on Gottlieb's part of this pin.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Bluebeard:

Do I have this right? Why would they even think you'll score over 200,000 of up to a million without winning free balls???!!! If true, I'll call this a failure on Gottlieb's part of this pin.

Fear not, in another Lucky Hand thread it says in novelty mode, WOWS award *50,000* points and FIVE knocker whacks. It is only noted on the instruction cards that were meant for novelty mode. I used to have a Jacks Open, didn't even know LH had the 200K-1M lamps. So what exactly is advancing those extra score lamps, is it like a regular bonus counter unit?

I always thought JO was better but given this 50,000 pt / 5 knocks thing I wasn't aware of where it's like a replay machine, no add-a-ball, and instead of replays you see if you can roll it over 10 times? Sounds like a crazy good feature!!!

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

Fear not, in another Lucky Hand thread it says in novelty mode, WOWS award *50,000* points and FIVE knocker whacks. It is only noted on the instruction cards that were meant for novelty mode. I used to have a Jacks Open, didn't even know LH had the 200K-1M lamps. So what exactly is advancing those extra score lamps, is it like a regular bonus counter unit?
I always thought JO was better but given this 50,000 pt / 5 knocks thing I wasn't aware of where it's like a replay machine, no add-a-ball, and instead of replays you see if you can roll it over 10 times? Sounds like a crazy good feature!!!

I went down and switched to Novelty and sure enough, the wows score 50,000 and adds 5 knocks. Plus the other scoring seems higher too. The game was knocking on other scores too so I have to track why it's knocking. My scores can easily jump into the multiple hundreds of thousands with only 5 balls. Each time advancing past the 100,000, and even displaying 1,000,000, plus 100,000 if you score that high. I feel a little better, but really not sure why the add a ball stops at 100,000. That is very weird. The scoring is controlled by the same lite box scoring unit that controls the add a ball. I think that's why's it's one or the other. Very weird indeed.

#11 1 year ago

<<<The scoring is controlled by the same lite box scoring unit that controls the add a ball. I think that's why's it's one or the other.>>

Ahhhh okay yeah THAT's it, makes sense. Admirable that they made the novelty version so different with just a plug change.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drop-target-top-roll-over-chimes-not-working-lucky-hand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.