You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bP1010011.JPG
IMG_2750.JPG
IMG_2198.JPG
#1 9 years ago

I rebuilt the drop targets on my Trident. But the switches only make momentary contact on the way down. It seems the actuator arm is too short to make contact when at the bottom.

I thought I may have it assembled incorrectly but when I looked at the photo before I removed it, it's the same. Also the only threaded portion is in the bottom plate.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Bob

Before:

IMG_2198.JPGIMG_2198.JPG

After:

IMG_2750.JPGIMG_2750.JPG
#2 9 years ago

Should the switch be making constant contact in the down position?

Bob

#3 9 years ago

I am not certain but I think the big plate holding on the whole switch sub-assembly should mount to the inside of the bottom flange. Nevermind. I see that it was like that before. Oh well, bump!

#4 9 years ago

I'm not certain it was correct before - but I don't see any other way the screw will attach.

Thanks

Bob

#5 9 years ago

No that's not right. The front and back plates should mount inside the bottom plate.

#6 9 years ago

Thanks Do, I knew you would know but how does the screw attach. Only the bottom plate is threaded. The screw would have to come in from the back. Or I could drill out the threads and put a lock-nut on the back.

It sure don't look right though. I looked at my target for the Y2K and it is on the outside of the bottom plate and it works great.

When the target is down is the switch supposed to be closed? If that's correct then this is definitely wrong.

Thanks for your help

F2K target:

bP1010011.JPGbP1010011.JPG
#7 9 years ago

Don't know why the back plate isn't threaded...it should be. When target is down the switch is to remain closed. On some machines it won't matter as the software stores DT switch closures and knows when all have been dropped (and ignores subsequent closures until bank is reset), but I don't know how Trident is coded. Bally works the same way, but Mata Hari is one that doesn't ignore subsequent closures and will score targets over and over if there is vibration on the switches.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 169.00
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drop-target-switch-assembly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.