Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pinmods
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Trying to get this puppy working again. I appreciate the help!

My Baby Pac-Man randomly will stop resetting the center targets. It seems to try but it can't do it - there's a clicking sound and the targets all shutter a bit. If I go in from the back of the game and manually push up the drop target reset it'll work for a while and then eventually not be able to again.

What do you guys/gals think?

1. Weak coil?
2. Plunger is worn and dropping down from the coil a little too much for the coil to "grab" it?
3. E.O.S. on the flipper is worn and voltage is dipping to the coil?
4. ?

Again, the coil is definitely trying to lift the reset but just can't.

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmods:

My Baby Pac-Man randomly will stop resetting the center targets. It seems to try but it can't do it - there's a clicking sound and the targets all shutter a bit. If I go in from the back of the game and manually push up the drop target reset it'll work for a while and then eventually not be able to again.
1. Weak coil?
2. Plunger is worn and dropping down from the coil a little too much for the coil to "grab" it?
4. ?

First thing I would do is take it apart, clean it and put new coil sleeves.
While you have it apart see if the plunger is mushroomed at the end causing drag.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmods:

1. Weak coil?
4. ?

Coil sleeves could have shrunk and now have too much resistance for the coil to overcome. Could be worn out/mushroomed.
Only bet is to take it apart and see what’s going on. It’s not hard to do, I’ve disassembled mine a few times.

#4 3 years ago

Thanks for the replies.

I recently restored the whole game and I replaced all of the sleeves. I'll pop it apart today and check the plunger. Bummer they seem to be out of stock at Marco though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drop-target-reset-wont-reset-baby-pac-man?hl=bigal56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.