Drop target reset?

By V_piscopo

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

So I'm new to ess pins (and pins in general) this is actually my first ess machine a 1980 gottlieb the amazing Spider-Man. My 5 bay drop target is not resetting. All targets respond and drop which triggers my 3 bay drop target reset which works fine my 3 bay also resets fine when all 3 targets are lowered. The coil is reading 3.7 ohms and is a A-17891 coil. Is this normal or is this a bad coil? Can't think of what lets could be causing them not to reset. Also bar is good and I can rest manually with ether bar or by pushing down plunger on coil Any thoughts? Thanks

#2 8 years ago

I think that bank has its own fuse?

#3 8 years ago

Quite correct my friend problem solved. Thank you

1 week later
#4 8 years ago

i have the same problem I have been pulling my hair out over this one for a while. 5 drop targets do not reset. if you knock all 5 down it will reset the bank of 3 as it is supposed to but the 5 stay down. i have replaced the coil with the suggested one from Marco. no luck. the driver board was old and had a few burn marks and had been repaired multiple times so i bought a new one from Boston pinball. still no luck. seems to have power to the coil but it will just not fire. npt sure what else to try now ! any suggestions? oh i tryed a second new coil just to make sure i hadnt installed a bad one.

#5 8 years ago

Is that really how it's supposed to work? The 3 bank resets with the 5 bank down? I thought it just lit a feature for the 3 bank.

Anyway, if you run the solenoid test does the 5 bank reset? Or does it reset at game start?

#6 8 years ago

Not certain this will work but check the diodes underneath the playfield in the back. I had similar issues with pop bumpers not firing after replacing almost everything else and it came down to a bad diode. Keep in mind they are stacked so be sure to test top and bottom layer.

Here's the link to my troubles: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-pop-bumper

#7 8 years ago

thanks will try these suggestions

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

Is that really how it's supposed to work? The 3 bank resets with the 5 bank down? I thought it just lit a feature for the 3 bank.
Anyway, if you run the solenoid test does the 5 bank reset? Or does it reset at game start?

as far as i know thats the way it works. nothing seems to make it reset. either in game or at game start.

tested every diode i can find.

#9 8 years ago

Your fuse is good? Power on both lugs of coil? May have a bad driver tranny.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

Your fuse is good? Power on both lugs of coil? May have a bad driver tranny.

rechecked the fuses one was blown. replaced it still nothing. not sure why it was blown.
has power on both lugs
I just replaced the driver board, i will check the transistors. would suck if it came with a bad transistor

2 weeks later
#11 8 years ago

Ok, I got back to working on spidey. Checked all the transitors on the new driver board they are fine. Checked the continuity going to coil everything beeps. Rechecked the voltage on the coil and bingo. It is only getting .4v to .6v when it is supposed to fire. So the problem seems to be that it is not getting enough voltage to fire the coil. Any ideas where to go from here?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drop-target-reset-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.