Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DropTarget
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newmantjn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

17 minutes of blathering and talking to myself while rebuilding a Target Alpha bank.

May help if you are installing new drop targets in a similar era machine.

#4 10 years ago

The pinrepair process requires using a cutting wheel and cutting out parts of your brackets to get the drop targets out. One obvious issue is that debris from the cutting wheel and metal shavings would need to be contained somehow. The other, more subtle thing is if you want to permanently modify your machine, or if you would like to keep it more original. You would also need to assess how easy is would be to access your drop targets with a dremel/cut-off wheel. The big plus to the cut-off wheel method is that you don't have to remove the target bank all the way. There may be different answers for different people and your answer may change based off of whether or not just want to change one target on a players machine or need to overhaul the assembly and/or change out all the targets on a collector's machine, or even if you had to already pull the drop target bank for a clear coat.

Also, if you are more comfortable with written instructions, I wrote up essentially the method from the video a few years ago for the pinwiki. I was waiting until I did my Target Alpha for the video, since I think this is the biggest target bank Gottlieb made.

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=EM_Repair#Drop_Targets

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

Thanks for the motivation!!

Glad to help. If you need some assistance along the way, be sure to say something. Thanks.

#11 10 years ago

I use Mean Green, straight up. Get a 1 gallon jug for about $6 at a dollar store.

1 week later
#29 10 years ago
Quoted from slawnski:

newmantjn, What Ultrasonic parts cleaner do you use?

http://www.harborfreight.com/25-liter-ultrasonic-cleaner-95563.html

Mean Green Straight up for the solution.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newmantjn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drop-target-rebuild-video?tu=newmantjn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.