Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DropTarget
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dasvis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 10 years ago

That was timely... just starting on the drops in my High Hand...

#10 10 years ago

Crikes, tore my first bank of drops apart on my High Hand. What a mess! Looks like someone sprayed a whole can of WD40 inside this thing. All dried & nasty.
I bought an ultrasonic cleaner a couple of years ago & have not used it much. Probably a good time to put it to use. What cleaning solution does everyone prefer?

#12 10 years ago

I ended up using a 50/50 mix of simple green & water. Cleaned the major gunk off with Brakeclean & then threw the parts in the ultrasonic @ 100F. Worked GREAT.
Reassembly was a piece of cake - no where near as bad as they look. Three more sets to go.....

1 week later
#18 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the need to cut up an original bracket. Yeah, the earlier ones take awhile to get apart and back together, but they're not *that* hard.

+1, taking it all apart is just time consuming, not hard. The upside is that you can properly clean everything once apart. Plus, once you cut the plate you compromise the original plating on the bracket, exposing it to future corrosion. - unless of course you get the cut bracket re-plated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dasvis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drop-target-rebuild-video?tu=dasvis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.