Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DropTarget
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 82trooper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 10 years ago

Perfect...I have TA (it is working properly) but just this weekend we broke the "7" on my Sky Jump and I will be replacing that as soon as the parts arrive.

Here is a pretty good link for the process, as well.
http://www.pinrepair.com/restore/jjpf.htm

Thanks!

#6 10 years ago

Just so you know.....your video fired me up enough to do the rebuild.....your way. My original intent was to do the Dremel method. After reading the posts, watching the video twice, and generally thinking it over I decided to do it your way.

I pulled the playfield last night, and removed and disassembled the entire unit. Took lots of digital pix. I am awaiting my replacement drop targets from PBR (only one is broken, but I am going to replace them all), but once they arrive, I will be good to go.

Thanks for the motivation!!

#8 10 years ago

And just for fun, last night after all the parts were cleaned and polished, I "practiced" reassembly with the old parts. I put the whole assembly back together. I then took it apart once again and will patiently await my new drop target parts delivery from PBR!

Gets easier each time!!!

Mike

1 week later
#13 10 years ago

Just an update....I got "Sky Jump" back together and working/scoring properly. The 7 drop targets were good practice. I created some additional issues for myself, but that is also part of the learning process. Cleaned some switches and replaced the coil sleeves, as well.

I also replaced one drop target I broke on "Amazing Spiderman" the very next day. It was much simpler as the bracket was modified by the factory by this time, so replacement was a snap thru the slots on the lower part..

I was empowered to give my "Target Alpha" a go as well.....2 banks of drops for a total of 15 targets!! I replaced the five on the smaller bank first, and it went off without a hitch. I am now eyeing the large bank of 10 and getting my courage up!!

#15 10 years ago

what would the group think of removing the target assembly from the playfield to replace the drops, but then modifying/cutting the bottom bracket with slots "on the work bench"........so that it keeps the playfield neat and free of debris this time, but makes it easier for any future repairs/replacements?

Or is that just overkill?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 82trooper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drop-target-rebuild-video?tu=82trooper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.