Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Manny65
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Please go easy on me first time owning a Pinball table and first post on here.

The drop target inside the scull on my T2 machine is never in the up position, except if I push/pull it up or run the solenoid test

In the test menus;
The switch (77) works showing as open with the drop target up and closed with it down
The drop target knock down solenoid (12) also works it fires repeatedly in test mode and knocks down the target
The drop target reset solenoid (28) fires repeatedly in test mode and pops the target up
The only other switch I can see that could affect any of this is the gun loaded switch (31) that works as expected, no ball open, ball closed.

If I have the target up to start a game it works as normal, first ball in the skull knocks the target down and Arnie informs me we are in "Lock mode" the Database function works everything fine, next ball gets trapped and loads the gun, from here on in the target stays down, new ball or new game target steadfastly stays down.

Any suggestions welcome

#2 3 years ago

This has just started happening on my T2 this weekend, I havent had a chance to look at it too much so I am following to see if anyone else has any suggestions. My assumption is it is just dirty and needs to be realigned as in switch test it does fire but mine does not move. I can see it trying to move, so thats why I think its just dirty.

#3 3 years ago

If you fire solenoid 12 (The one that knocks the target down) while the target is down, it does just move, I can see this on mine as well.

Fire 28 to pop it up and 12 to knock it down

#4 3 years ago

Found the so called "fault" turns out it was an error between floor and flippers

Fitted an NVRAM to eliminate the battery and when setting it all up afterwards found a menu item A2 05 - Drop Target Count (Set to factory default of 01) and all now good, tried it on setting 00 and behaves exactly as before so no issue, just a newbie pinball owner.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Parisno:

Found the so called "fault" turns out it was an error between floor and flippers
Fitted an NVRAM to eliminate the battery and when setting it all up afterwards found a menu item A2 05 - Drop Target Count (Set to factory default of 01) and all now good, tried it on setting 00 and behaves exactly as before so no issue, just a newbie pinball owner.

Good to know - thanks for posting the resolution.

Typically I always do a factory reset on buying a 2nd hand machine, as you are never sure what the previous owner has modified in the settings and this sets it back to a defined starting point. It does create a bit of a learning curve if your game has been brought in from non-English speaking country but nothing that can't be sorted out

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 21.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.95
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drop-target-problem-on-t2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.