Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by AaronZOOM
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I have a quick problem, the 3rd drop target 'T' on the right and in front of the lock on Indiana Jones doesn't seem to drop on first contact with the ball and actually causes it to fire back at the glass and then drain quite frequently. The other two drop more easily and the right one will drop if the ball hits it squarely, or I tap it with my finger but on other occasions seems to drop slightly but not fully. If I look from above this right drop target also seems to be set back further than the other 2. Any thoughts on what might be the cause?

Many thanks

Mat

7 years later
#2 3 years ago

I just picked up an IJ yesterday and my right drop target has almost the exact same issue. I would be curious to see what any experienced owners have to say.

#3 3 years ago

Air balls off those targets are common and several on here make a good protector to help. I’d recommend taking the assembly out and cleaning it up. I find that most of them are pretty filthy and gummed up.

#4 3 years ago

Don't forget that one of the drop targets is thinner than the other two. If they have been replaced, its possible someone did not realize that. Refer to the parts book.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

I just picked up an IJ yesterday and my right drop target has almost the exact same issue. I would be curious to see what any experienced owners have to say.

Quoted from Billc479:

Don't forget that one of the drop targets is thinner than the other two. If they have been replaced, its possible someone did not realize that. Refer to the parts book.

Note that the parts listed in the manual are correct, but the diagram for the 3-bank is wrong - all four drops in the game are wedge topped. Part numbers listed as 03-8750 and 03-8033 - these are the exact same interchangable target. If you use the thin-topped targets, your ball is going to get hung up there.

If your target isn't dropping properly, check two things:
1. Make sure your springs are still tight and in good shape. You can increase the tension here, if all else fails.
2. The drop target has a guide track inside it. A washer slides up and down this track to keep things in place. If there's any friction here, your target can stall. I had a washer here that was just a tiny bit misshapen, and I had to either replace the washers or grind them down the slightest bit to prevent this friction.

It can be hard to diagnose this - I couldn't see any problem with the washer, but running it up and down the track with my finger revealed the problem.

Good luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.00
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

14,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,419.00
$ 85.00
$ 12.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drop-target-problem-lock-indiana-jones-williams-1993 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.