8 days ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by thedefog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 days ago

Few problems with my gottlieb Freddy pinball.

Drop targets will not reset in test mode or in game. I replaced solenoid and coil sleeve, re-heated up solder points on fuse holder for drop targets, replaced fuse and still nothing.

Shooter lane kicker works in test mode but during game when ball goes into lane I have to manually use plunger to hit ball. Not sure why it works in test mode but not in game. This is used for the ball save feature correct?

#2 7 days ago

I had a similar issue on my gottlieb stargate. That was caused by a loose wire to the left kicker target by the pyramid. It was on the same row or column as drop target and ball kicker.

Check manual for affected switches and start searching

#3 7 days ago

I just ordered manual from pinball resource. Where was the loose wire? I checked all connectors I couldn't find anything. I also noticed the claw flipper does not work either. I'm thinking maybe a bad diode. But I do have schimatic for switch matrix and says drop targets have their own diode. Would it be rare that all three diodes for drop targets are bad?

#4 7 days ago

My loose wire was on left kicker target by the pyramid on STARGATE, so cant really compare. It might be something else of course, but my exact similar issue was due to something faulty in the same row/column in the matrice.

#5 7 days ago
    Quoted from soozgs500:

Would it be rare that all three diodes for drop targets are bad?

That situation is pretty much impossible unless the diodes are mounted elsewhere and got disconnected. First thing to check is that your drop target coils are getting power. If they have power, you can test the coils out by connecting an alligator clip momentary between the metal side rail of the pin and the banded side of the diode (Cathode). If the coil fires, then the ground return path is your issue. Since you mentioned all 3 do not register, and the connectors on the PF look ok, make sure they're connected on the MPU side as well. I'm going to guess you've got a break in your power chain before it gets to those 3 coils.

Shooter lane kicker issue is likely due to the shooter lane switch not registering properly, since it works in test mode (and doesn't require a switch trigger). You may just have to adjust the switch or clean it (or both).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Lighting - Backbox
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    € 89.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    £ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 19.95
    Apparel - Women
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 4.00
    Electronics
    Professor Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 19.95
    $ 199.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 2.50
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 15.00
    $ 98.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.25
    Lighting - Other
    The MOD Couple
    $ 99.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 86.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside