Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by HowardR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Ok so I have been working on and playing my first pin and EM for the past couple months. Worked out all the obvious problems (Thanks Pinside!) and have replaced most worn parts except the bumpers they still work good but will eventually as I want to replace the plastics.

So on to the problems. Extremely intermittent so I don’t yet have much info. Was hoping for a “maybe look here” or “sounds like” suggestion. The game is Gottlieb Crescendo. The first problem happens more often. It’s when I quickly hit two drop targets the second sometimes will fail to register. I thought it might be one specific target but last night another one did it. These are new drop targets that drop and pop flawlessly after a bit of tuning. At the time I set the switches and all worked well but have not inspected recently. I also cleaned contacts and removed the gummy grease where the switch activating metal to metal contact occurs as the target slides down but have not replaced with anything. Cant find product or enough solid recommendation to add lube to do so I’d like some input on that too.

Next issue rarely occurs but when it does you can’t miss it. When the ball ends the very first thing to happen is a 1, 10, and 100 is added to my score with the corresponding chimes going off before the end of ball switch/relay cycle occurs. I’d think this one would be easy to figure out but due to the rare occurrence perhaps not.

I love a good EM mystery and my last one took me a month but did not give up. Anyone who can give me a little direction while I head down this road I would be very thankful and will plug away until it is solved!

#2 2 years ago

For your first problem with the drop targets, how close together are the two targets dropping? Is the scoring for the first target still happening when the second drops? If that happens on an EM, you'll only get scoring credit for the first target, as it takes a certain amount of time for the scoring process to run its course, and no more scoring can happen until its finished. It's like dropping two targets at the same time on machines that have adjacent drops - you only get credit for one...part of the charm of EM's.

#3 2 years ago

That might be it then. It is when the 1st drop is still scoring and chiming away. Well that was an easy fix... lol! Thanks for the info.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

That might be it then. It is when the 1st drop is still scoring and chiming away. Well that was an easy fix... lol! Thanks for the info.

It's called 'motoring out'. Most of the 'when lit' lights will go out during the motor run to tell you that those things won't score.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Next issue rarely occurs but when it does you can’t miss it. When the ball ends the very first thing to happen is a 1, 10, and 100 is added to my score with the corresponding chimes going off before the end of ball switch/relay cycle occurs. I’d think this one would be easy to figure out but due to the rare occurrence perhaps not.

Start by attaching a Bulb tester across the 1 Point relay coil. Place the bulb where it will be easily visible, to find out if that relay is even involved, or is getting locked on sometimes, especially when this happens.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reading-gottlieb-schematics#post-2634425
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-pinball-circuits-basics-to-not-so-basic/page/2#post-3184715

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drop-target-no-score-and-end-of-ball-points-added and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.