You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20190227_123718 (resized).jpg
50E893D0-6FE5-4A68-991E-8E59E179A32B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190226_230441 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrismcb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

One of the drop targets on my Eight Ball Champ doesn't like to stay up.
If I manually reset it, it will stay up, but if the solenoid pops it up, it falls back down.
When I push it back up, I can easily push it back down (if I push on the top of the drop target, I can't do that to any of the other targets)
As far as I can tell, the target is just held by friction. It almost seems like the metal the target rests on isn't level.
What actually causes the tension? What am I missing?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

if you can manually pop it up and it stays and the coil isn't doing the job, its probably just dirty. take it apart and clean the coil sleeve, plunger, target, washers, etc. they probably have grime, and that's the problem.

The coil is doing its job. It pops it up. BUT it doesn't take much for it to fall back down. I think what is happening is it pops it up with so much force, that recoils just enough that it falls back down. I don't think there is anything wrong with the coil.

The drop target itself is brand new. The little "lip" that holds it in place looks ok. I guess the target itself could be bent.
I don't think the spring is worn. Doesn't feel like there is any more or less tension than the other springs.
I suppose there could be something wrong with the metal it rests on.

#7 5 years ago

Here is a photo of the offending drop target. It is currently in the up position.

IMG_20190226_230441 (resized).jpgIMG_20190226_230441 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrismcb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drop-target-fails-to-stay-up-on-eight-ball-champ?tu=chrismcb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.