Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by jabdoa
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 months ago

If I am building a Homebrew machine and I want to use a couple different configurations of drop target banks (Williams, Bally or Gottlieb), any reason to not use multiple manufacturers when building a machine? I assume all you would need to do is use a coil voltage that is compatible with the system you are using. Thoughts?

#2 10 months ago

I have a homebrew and used all the same as I’m making my own drop targets to go in them so it is easier using one manufacturer/era assemblies. I don’t see any other reason why you couldn’t use different ones as all the switches that record the down state are self contained on the units.

Mike V

#3 10 months ago

Just keep in mind that the drop targets themselves are not interchangeable - Wms cannot be used in Gottlieb frame, etc.

#4 10 months ago

Almost any target will work at 48V. Just adjust the pulse duration accordingly. For drop resets PWMing the pulse (pulse_power in MPF) often allows longer and more robust resets with less wear. That should also work for all MFGs but you likely have to find the correct value once per model.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside