IMG_6222 (resized).JPG
IMG_6221 (resized).JPG
20210423_233810 (resized).jpg
20210423_233758 (resized).jpg
20210423_233750 (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).JPG
IMG_6277 (resized).JPG
3a53a942752f0e51a6f11fa75e74537837cdbbf3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frenchmarky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

Hello all, trying to find some answers for an issue I am having with a target reset issue on a new Quicksilver scratch build I just purchased. I have had my "new" Quicksilver for 2 weeks and am running across all sorts of little demons that are popping up randomly since my purchase. I have been able to kind of work my way through each issue so far with help from the builder as well as people here. Unfortunately I am such a "green" pinball owner with not much knowledge of diagnosing and repairing issues. The past 2 days out of nowhere when playing my game, the center bank 4 drop targets are struggling mightily to reset themselves after they are all dropped. They seem to drop fine when hit and reset properly with no issue after the end of each ball, however during gameplay when they are all dropped sometimes it takes 2, 3 or sometimes 4 tries for them to reset to the up position almost like there is not enough power sometimes to push them back up. The arm and reset bar seem to move smoothly. I'm not sure if these pics will shed any light on the matter. I am trying my best to digest info and educate myself on being a pinball owner, but it's not been easy so far. Any help would be appreciated.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So is it only struggling if all four of the targets are down, or does it struggle with three or less down too? You can run the coil test in the diagnostics and then manually knocking down various numbers of targets before the bank resets during the test cycle to determine that.

I'd first try this easy test - check the reset arm travel by pushing in the reset solenoid plunger slowly with your finger and see if all the targets easily and evenly reset at the end. (Push in the plunger, not its link or the reset arm). If some or all of them don't, you'll need to loosen the four hex bolts (the rusty ones) and adjust the arm so that when you do the finger test, they reset with ease, and evenly. It could be out of adjustment (from normal wear or just misadjusted or someone installed a fresh coil stop, or some of the bolts were not tightened enough) where the problem is only only showing up with the extra pressure when it has to raise all four targets.

#35 2 years ago

<<Your builder might not have installed the drop target assembly in a good position. From your video, it looks like the targets might be rubbing up against the play field and dragging>>

Yeah, weird how they all partially rise, then while they are there, one here or there might drop back down. As if the reset bar went back down and the one target followed it, but the other three targets are still jammed against something.
Heh, wonder why they always act perfect-o when resetting at end of a ball though? Other than the fact that at end of ball it's always only going to have to reset three targets or less, NOT all four, and in that case it has enough oomph to power through the playfield jamming.

#37 2 years ago

At first glance I thought that blue/white wire was going *behind* the spring. It ain't, but it still looks like it is. XD

#40 2 years ago

Maybe have the playfield propped up as you do the same test where they are jamming, and watch the reset plunger and reset arm, might shed some light on it. The part where some targets were partially up and then only one would drop back down looked very strange.

Check those rusty hex bolts for tightness too, if the reset rod that they bolt down on is slipping it could cause problems like that.

1 month later
#46 2 years ago

#51 2 years ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 69.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 125.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frenchmarky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drop-target-bricking-and-drops-upon-reset-tips-and-tricks?tu=frenchmarky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.